Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Ctd's Great Western Tour 2003

CTD

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tired Dude? All that daylight up in the Moose starting to get to you? Try putting aluminium foil in your windows. Better yet, why not read some labour law books, that should put you to sleep... :lol::rolleyes: :up:

Sadly, I won't be in your neck of the woods, or twigs, as it were. You'll have to come to YOW to get your Vortex signed. B)

CTD, how long will it be for you to:

1) To prep and attempt a high altitude start on the Rocket in YYC

2) To navigate around the dreaded Deerfoot Trail, exit YYC, visit the Japanese tourist shops along Banff Ave and then cross the (very smoky) Rockies to our fair Town (300 km )?

We should prepare ourselves for the Royal Visit, ie wash the wrench ( one complete fuel cycle with him tied in the 407 water-bucket should clean him to an acceptable odor level), then get the empty beer cans out of the hangar, and restock with higher quality ales. :D

CTD,

this is Randy's wife (if you couldn't guess from the login !!).

You are right, he is busy. He is in Kenora and actually getting some work done for a change. I spoke to him last night and he just asked me to confirm with you that the 12th will be the date for the Great Lamb BBQ in YYC !!

Take care and have a great trip. See you on the 12th.

Linda

ps...probably not a good idea to pm me, I don't know how to retrieve them yet :rolleyes:

Hello CTD. I will be leaving the wet coast Sept 3 for Nova Scotia. Ill keep my eyes open for the overloaded Beeeeemer.If ya happen to see a very bright yellow car with a huge happy face on the hood and trunk that would be me and she MINI.Maybe we can have a beer on the raod seeing ya wont be able to make it to Curly Portables. Drive safe and have fun. :)

Will keep eyes peeled for Minimobile for sure. Have fun back east...

407 - yes please have the wrench at an acceptable level of cleanliness. We will be airworthy by Saturday afternoon, but plan to spend the weekend in YYC. My buddy runs the Bell supply centre there (that's where I shipped the scooter) and his SWMBO has impeccible taste in the finer things - so there will be much consuming fine foods and wines to prepare ourselves for the journey.

Launching from YYC Monday AM, and with a little exploring, Japanese trinket shopping, and stopping to pee, should be in 407Town by that afternoon. Re: Smoke - do you have an IFR approach?

Mrs. Randy: Yes, tell Mr. Randy that the 12th sounds great. We expect to be rolling back into YYC that afternoon.

Sure do CTD, file direct to the Lk Louise Intersection, take High Level Airway #1 west from there and plan on the Kicking Horse STAR arrival, You may need extra fuel (available at Laggans Deli in Lk Louise) due to a possible hold at the Field intersection, flow control is normally in place, so pee early.

The Field is 4,500' long at 2,600'ASL so should accept the high landing speed of the Rocket, we're at the south end, Taxiway C ...the beer is on the second level.