Tips-n-tricks

kjw57

If you are flying a JetRanger; Put the fuel cap on the pilots seat, if you forget :blink: put it back on.

If you are Flying a 44 put the cap in your right pocket; if you forget and put the other cap in there you will notice the other that is already in there.

If you fly a A-Star put the cap in the Baggage compartment or on the passenger seat when you open the door to see how much fuel you have. If you forget; the passenger, :blink:, will tell you.

WALK AROUND YOUR MACHINE EVERY TIME(if the engine is running don't necessaraly walk AROUND the machine)

Cheers

MG

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For storage of box end wrenches string them onto a suitably sized carabiner. I also use "diaper" pins commonly used on Astars (u/s ones of course! ;) ) for smaller wrenches where the carabiners don't work (finally something good from Eurocopter :up:). I've come to prefer this system to the conventional wrench pouches as they take up a bit less space in the field box/tool bag and they don't end up laying loose at the bottom of your tool bag after falling out of said pouch.

Cheers

Missing Pit Pins.

Grind off the bottom portion that extends out the bottom of the pin. This way the pin can only be released by pushing down on it, avoiding the loss of pin when it is inadvertanly snagged whether left on the A/C or door. I always carry a spare and at least a bolt & lock nut.

Many thing can happen to a A/C while unattened, by the pilot, refueling by another person which leaves the gas cap off, Maintenance, another A/C blowing debri at your"s A/C, birds, ETC . Before the pilot gets in the A/C, form a habit of walking around complete A/C . This should eleminate any suprises when you you land at your next destination. ie I need a gas cap!!!! He/she is responsible unfortunatley.

Regards

Get extra endurance in ASTAR.

When you need to refueling full, you can do it with 105 %.

Lift the left wheel to incline the chopper, refuel maximum possible, put the caps and descend the wheel.

Trust me, I'm doing that since 1990, the caps don't leak neither the breather.