Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

What Bird Would You Like To See More...

the dauphin is a good looking helicopter, but it has no power at all...

Where did you heard that? We are in 2006, and the most powered helicopter in his category is the Dauphin, N3 and now the N4 (EC 155), and the faster too!!!

Just one thing more about this bird, it's a 100% helicopter, you can fly it like an Astar, steep turn in high speed, and more. If you like a real bird, forget the 135/145/BK family, too restrictred maneuver, these are like Honda Goldwing.

If I could choose to work, Dauphin the first.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

just don't fly your dauphin like this....http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wz7jciWPiBI

Hey Fenestron,

When I went through flight training they showed us that clip and said it was retreating blade tip stall. I think it is, It pitched up sharply and rolled right. Being a frenchy that would be the retreating side no?

Hey Fenestron,

When I went through flight training they showed us that clip and said it was retreating blade tip stall. I think it is, It pitched up sharply and rolled right. Being a frenchy that would be the retreating side no?

I was under the impression that the hydraulic system cavitated on that one. Any one have any info???

Cheers

SG

the description was a jack stall.

To me it looks like retreating blade stall the way it pitched up, but it didn't appear to be going that fast. The roll to the right is debateable at this point because we know how easily a video can be flipped in this electronic age. I'm wondering if someone was fooling around and a big whoops occured. It seemed to pitch up slowly, then rather abruptly.....I'm still guessing what it might be for sure.