Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

What Bird Would You Like To See More...

hey lamabubble you seem pretty informed about several different types of helicopters. how many hours do you have on them. have you ever even flown a lama or a dauphin or a 135 or 145. im pretty sure you know about the 47 and a little about the 206. i am interested in hearing about all your experience on these types.

i would say that LB is not wrong....look at the performance chart and you'll be fine... ;)

and the 145 is a really old horse or even the technology.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

PIASECKIS?? Did I see Piasecki?? Ah, the good old days! Almost brings tears to my old bleary eyeballs. I actually have worked on this very machine in the early sixtyspost-907-1165357686_thumb.gif Myself and Ed Walley tried to keep them flying out of VU-33 Squadron in Sidney, B.C. About all they were good for was oyster hunts for squadron partys :up: 550 screaming, ball thumping horsepower. ARRGGGH Billy!

Hey SP, is that where you first used that fancy flashlight displayed so elegantly in another thread? :up: :lol:

It didn't seem to me that ski pilot was claiming to know the capabilities of those aircraft....just seemed that he was asking how LB did. Anybody with nothing else to do can LOOK UP the stats....I think SP was asking his EXPERIENCE (if any).

LB said he wasn't told...but that he knew

Quote:

All I want to do is sip good Scotch and look at pretty ladies. (Dirty Old Men need love too), Right Skywrench1??

That sounds like an excellent proposition to this thread's quandary.

I'm sure everyone realizes that after a couple of aged Scotches and pretty ladies, the exact helicopter manufacturer is starting to play second fiddle.

Without naming any names, I think it safe to say that NEW technology is what is wanted, no matter who builds it. Every helicopter has its strengths and weaknesses and I'm going to stand clear of the mud slinging by not publicly picking any favorites.

I could name at least one helicopter of each major manufacturer that I would really like to see grab a foothold in this industry.

I don't know about you, but at the end of the day it doesn't really matter who builds it as long as it is visionary, reliable, modern, powerful, fast, cheap, safe, .... oh boy, here I go, wanting the unattainable....

Quote:

All I want to do is sip good Scotch and look at pretty ladies. (Dirty Old Men need love too), Right Skywrench1??

That sounds like an excellent proposition to this thread's quandary.

I'm sure everyone realizes that after a couple of aged Scotches and pretty ladies, the exact helicopter manufacturer is starting to play second fiddle.

Without naming any names, I think it safe to say that NEW technology is what is wanted, no matter who builds it. Every helicopter has its strengths and weaknesses and I'm going to stand clear of the mud slinging by not publicly picking any favorites.

I could name at least one helicopter of each major manufacturer that I would really like to see grab a foothold in this industry.

I don't know about you, but at the end of the day it doesn't really matter who builds it as long as it is visionary, reliable, modern, powerful, fast, cheap, safe, .... oh boy, here I go, wanting the unattainable....

VERY well spoken as350_b3!!

It's amazing though, how the industry has changed over the years. I remember when the Bell 47-B2 showed up in Canada. Jeez, we thought we had died and gone to heaven!! Wide cabin (3 place) Low pedestal, AND

a turbo-charged engine!!! Then came the FH 1100, and the first Bell 206 (both widowmakers!) But, you are right, new technology is needed, and it's coming faster than we realize. I think we have not seen anything yet. Think about 50 years from now. WOW!!

HEY!!! I didn't ask nobody nuttin!! I'm assuming "SP" is me. I hope I'm wrong. Don't get me involved in this!! All I want to do is sip good Scotch and look at pretty ladies. (Dirty Old Men need love too), Right Skywrench1??

I'm waiting patiently for a reply "Deuce"