Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Military Vs. Civilian

volition

I want to know if I decide to leave the military, what are the civilian pay scales? I also mean how to build your pension. Like in the military, you get 2% for every year you serve. Like if you make 100,000$ by the time you retire, and you put in 25 years, then you would get 50k/year for the rest of your life. Is there any such programs in the civilian world? I make 50k right now, and I've haven't even touched a helicopter yet. Pls, some advice. :wacko:

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I want to know if I decide to leave the military,,,,,

LEAVE ???

I thought you had just gone back in, after leaving once before!

Instead of wondering about what the payscales are, perhaps you may consider why an employer would even touch you when you change jobs like a whore changes her underwear!

:blink:

LEAVE ???

I thought you had just gone back in, after leaving once before!

Instead of wondering about what the payscales are, perhaps you may consider why an employer would even touch you when you change jobs like a whore changes her underwear!

:blink:

UHHHHH......do those professionals even bother to wear underwear? Kinda just adds to the complexity of the job....don't ya think?

of course! lol im kidding around about the thongs. i would only join up if i knew i would fly for sure... i don't know if i could trust the military these days wanting to fly as a career. i hear its very unstable and long wait lists?!

You'll get alot more flying in civilian as well and a life to go with it...of course that life will vary depending on the market you will be getting into.

Fly safe bro

word on the street is the guys in the military wear thongs

:huh: Yeah, well...it takes a very confident and self-assured fella to wear those. Wonder if they're standard-issue camo? :P

Vo, vo, vo. Why you hedgin' already? Stick with the plan, man. :) I came, I saw, I conquered. Then go anywhere from there. B) Know what I mean? :rolleyes:

Mac-Ex-wafu, whores don't wear underwear, ask your mom!!! The only reason i'm looking is because the next course is only slated to start in Jan/2008. That means I will not be flying until then :down: I don't see anyone answering the question, better in the civi world, doesn't look like it!!!

now now now, he didn't directly imply that his mom was a whore, only simply stated that his mom was knowledgeable in that regard. Many moms are like dictionaries and encyclopedias.... :D It could have been a compliment. :huh:

other moms just think they know it all and never shut up.......

Now Volition, please apologise for the misunderstanding. :unsure: