Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Military Vs. Civilian

volition

Glad I could "crack you up" LOL

In reality, you aren't going to make anywhere near 50K for the first few years in the civil side. 100 hour pilots who do find that first job generally don't even get the chance to fly for the first year or two (that is after spending a couple of years at least just finding a job).

My advice to you would be to stay put in the Military. You will receive the best flight training in the world there (and just maybe some maturity as well), provided you are able to get through each phase of your training unscathed. I wasn't kidding when I said it's not all about the flying kiddo.

With everything that has been said (from both sides), I hope you do make it. You at least seem to have a passion, and the maturity will eventually get beaten into you I am sure.

To be short and to the point, if you are going to wear the uniform conduct yourself in a respectful manner. You are on display. Military life is a perpetual parade.

cheers, and good luck.

(and, yeah that is exactly what you insinuated. Sometimes the truth hurts)

RTR

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

(and, yeah that is exactly what you insinuated. Sometimes the truth hurts)

RTR

There is no other way to interpret what you said about Mac-Ex's mother, regardless of what you or Fen-Fen say. It WAS an insult. Takes a big man to apologize. ;) No one attacked your mother. I am, in fact, nominating her for sainthood. :) Fire away all you want, Vo. I'm done with it. And good luck with whatever you do.

JDP86, I'm leaving for Toronto in two days for the simulator test. Just to let you know that they dont tell you your score after you passed/failed it. This is, according to many people who already did the test, a good way to get rid of some people even if they know how to fly. They dont just analyse if you can fly, they wanna know if you are a good learner, somebody who got patience and good reflexes depending on the situation the aircraft is in.

As for the shanty french town which is gonna teach you useless french, why is it useless???? <_< If you wanna join the military be open minded. They'll do what they want with you and if you already dont like it, well...

(p.s. no dispute starting here :P )