Heres An Example,

Easy to make mistakes, I'm not one to judge, nor can I in the work position I'm involved with, but I have no throw a question out there.

Is it acceptable to give the cyclic a little nudge forward to see if there's movement in the disc before pulling pitch? Does anybody do this as a personal reassurance check?

Easy to make mistakes, I'm not one to judge, nor can I in the work position I'm involved with, but I have no throw a question out there.

Is it acceptable to give the cyclic a little nudge forward to see if there's movement in the disc before pulling pitch? Does anybody do this as a personal reassurance check?

I don't see why not, I alway stir the stick just a little just in the off chance that I forget to turn on my hydraulics of somthing. Just make sure that there is nothing under the disc when you do it.

Cheers

MG

Personally I check all controls before lift off hydrolics on and off.

It makes sense to check the controls after a start prior to lift-off. I do it every time. Also, if hot-refueling check the controls after getting in and spooling up, prior to lift-off. If landing and letting out passengers I am unlikely to do a control check as my hands have not left the controls. So, if the pilot in question put on the lock but then did not get out he may have tricked himself. Had he got out, he may have done the control check once he got back in. (I do not know if he did get out. If he did get out then perhaps he was rushed into departing or distracted by what ever might have been going on around him.)