Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Premier Helicopter Training

kevin

I am Premier Helicopter Trainings first student from zero hours to flight test completion. I started training at Premier last January, broke my leg in May and was unable to fly for 4 months. In september I started flying again and yesterday I did my flight test at 79 Hrs. In the next 20 hours Rob is going to put me through additional operational training incorperating long lining and a Bell 206 indorsement.

The Bell 47 G4 that Premeirs uses for flight traing is without question the best trainer. With full fuel and two 200lbs people the G4 will hover out of ground effect at 6000ft. The BH 47 teaches excellent power management with the requirement for the pliot to assist the correlator to maintain RPM with the throttle.

Premiers on board video recording is such a powerful teaching tool. The student leaves each flight with a DVD of the flight. A student can carefully breakdown each flight.

Premeirs greatest asset is Mr. Rob Wood.

Rob has spent so much time with us on the ground. He covers such wide array of material. We have covered all the basic Nav, Met, CARs, theory of flight but additioally; flight mamuals (including the BH 47, BH 206, EC 120 and AS 350), Aerodynaimics (including Power Point Presentations), MCM, MPM, Journey Logs, Tech Logs, AD's, MSB, SB, go into great detail of the weather and the list continues to grow........ Rob takes us out and sets up a stagging area with additional fuel and each student gets a chance to do each ground crew job and than has the oppertunity to sling or longline loads from the stagging area and shoot approaches back in. If a student shows interest in learning at Premier, there is no limit to the amount they are going to learn. I can't thank Rob enough for the time he has spent with us, ensuring we are well rounded safe individuals to enter the industry.

I highly recommend training at Premier Helicopter Training.

Sincerely,

Kevin Veldhuis

post-1736-1165804001_thumb.jpg

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guest plumber
I am Premier Helicopter Trainings first student from zero hours to flight test completion. I started training at Premier last January, broke my leg in May and was unable to fly for 4 months. In september I started flying again and yesterday I did my flight test at 79 Hrs. In the next 20 hours Rob is going to put me through additional operational training incorperating long lining and a Bell 206 indorsement.

The Bell 47 G4 that Premeirs uses for flight traing is without question the best trainer. With full fuel and two 200lbs people the G4 will hover out of ground effect at 6000ft. The BH 47 teaches excellent power management with the requirement for the pliot to assist the correlator to maintain RPM with the throttle.

Premiers on board video recording is such a powerful teaching tool. The student leaves each flight with a DVD of the flight. A student can carefully breakdown each flight.

Premeirs greatest asset is Mr. Rob Wood.

Rob has spent so much time with us on the ground. He covers such wide array of material. We have covered all the basic Nav, Met, CARs, theory of flight but additioally; flight mamuals (including the BH 47, BH 206, EC 120 and AS 350), Aerodynaimics (including Power Point Presentations), MCM, MPM, Journey Logs, Tech Logs, AD's, MSB, SB, go into great detail of the weather and the list continues to grow........ Rob takes us out and sets up a stagging area with additional fuel and each student gets a chance to do each ground crew job and than has the oppertunity to sling or longline loads from the stagging area and shoot approaches back in. If a student shows interest in learning at Premier, there is no limit to the amount they are going to learn. I can't thank Rob enough for the time he has spent with us, ensuring we are well rounded safe individuals to enter the industry.

I highly recommend training at Premier Helicopter Training.

Sincerely,

Kevin Veldhuis

Little fish in big pond trying to make a splash :wacko:

-Power management is not the ability to twist a throttle while flying.

-It is the skill in managing the available power to an environment requiring most or all power available.

If you were trying to convince us that the 47 G4 is the "Best trainer" because it has lots of power, I believe in that case that there are other ships that would be better suited for power management skills. That is a fact.

Sounds like a decent school with a good program and good on ya for supporting them on the forum.

fly safe

Vast

plumber, Vast,

My first flight was in a 206, When I was sure I wanted to flight train I did an intro flight in a BH 47 G2, 300 CBI, and the BH 47 G4, since than I have flown a friends R22.

I understand that when you talking about power management, you were refering to the manual use of the throttle because the 47 is not governed.

So what did you think of the 22?

Vast,

The R22 is a very nimble machine that is fun to fly. However, with the low rotor inertia, the instructor is more limited with the amount he can let the student make corrections, esspecially with auto's. I really like the inertia of the 206 and the G4, there much more forgiving.

Guest plumber

Easy killer. Vast was only pointing out the fact that power managment is not haveng power at 6000 feet its being at 6000 feet and learning you dont have it. I have heard alot obout Rob and guess what its all good. Myself I learnt on a G2 and ended up flying R44 wish I would of learnt on a 22 just cus the transition would have been easier. Live and learn.