Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Premier Helicopter Training

kevin

plumber,

I have shot a couple of pinnacle approaches at 5500ft. I am a low time pilot that needs to experience alot more flying before I do a mountain course and learn real mountain flying with the finest of power management.

Power management is certainly not limited to mountains.

It is a skill you use everytime you fly.

Out in the real word you will not have the training conditions your used to with a ship working well within its limitations.

You will be working with more than 1 or 2 ++ pax. trying to put as much as they can fit into you machine. Then you can find out how "forgiving" a 206 really is when you have a problem. (A little more similar to the R-22)

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ah-ha.... so is Premier the new school at Abbotsford? Doing training there last month and thought it was a blast with B47's, 300CBi's and our S76's coming and going like mad. Helicopter central over there haha. Asking for a circuit sounded like this...

-GHJP ready for a circuit

TWR- GHJP roger, check a Bell 47 doing autos in the infield, another lifting off the ramp at your 9 o'clock, a helicopter lifting from BC Helicopters and another on final for BC Helicopters. Oh and check the Blackhawk over the boarder 300'. Cleared to takeoff when all traffic in sight.

Myself I learnt on a G2 and ended up flying R44 wish I would of learnt on a 22 just cus the transition would have been easier. Live and learn.

So if your first job had been flying a 206 would you still wished you'd trained on a 22?? :blink: Your check ride must have gone all right if you got the job flying anyway :wacko: The old 47 must have taught you something... :shock:

Guest plumber
So if your first job had been flying a 206 would you still wished you'd trained on a 22?? :blink: Your check ride must have gone all right if you got the job flying anyway :wacko: The old 47 must have taught you something... :shock:

I dont recall the 47 giving me any instruction. I do recall school buses going past me in the same direction. :P I did like the old bird. I found the 47 way more stable than the 44 and even the 206 so that took alittle getting used to. Also like I said it was slow so when I got into the 44 I found the machine getting ahead of me had to extend down wind and such until getting used to it. I dont think anyone will ever win the which helicopter is the better trainer argument everyone has their own opinion and sorry if I offended any of you with mine with mine. Fly safe

Ah-ha.... so is Premier the new school at Abbotsford? Doing training there last month and thought it was a blast with B47's, 300CBi's and our S76's coming and going like mad. Helicopter central over there haha. Asking for a circuit sounded like this...

-GHJP ready for a circuit

TWR- GHJP roger, check a Bell 47 doing autos in the infield, another lifting off the ramp at your 9 o'clock, a helicopter lifting from BC Helicopters and another on final for BC Helicopters. Oh and check the Blackhawk over the boarder 300'. Cleared to takeoff when all traffic in sight.

welcome to MY world ;)

Thank you for the coments Kevin. You worked hard and did a great job, I'll see you in the new year and we will finish you last 20 hours.

For the rest of you, no Premier is not in abby, Pitt Meadows.

Vast and max continious

when you shoot an aproach at 5500 ft in a non turbocharged piston you have no throttle left so if collective is raised rpm will droop. Thats power management. Or how about watching him make an approach with hover power applied and his left hand on his leg. Kevin knows how a customer will leave you with no power as I change the weight on a regular bases.

Kevin passed his flight test @ 80 hours and did a great job, with out the 100 hrs completed he isn't even licenced yet, but for some reason you think this is a good time for you to let us all know how smart you are. The reason you don't see me on hear often is all the low time and not even licenced guys tellin every one how smart they are.

How about just a CONGRATULATIONS KEVIN, or maybe a good luck with the last 20 hours. He will be a great asset to some-one and I'm proud of him.

Rob Wood

Premier Helicopter Training