Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

So Helidude,

Just to touch on the support side of things for the 120:

You mentioned almost a year for delivery of 2 push buttons. What if something major goes? Is the company expected to 'eat' the downtime or is it all Power by the Hour? (downtime still sucks, regardless)

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Would EC be a little more motivated if it was a critical part? On a way smaller scale, we ordered parts for a boat this summer, one was cosmetic, took 4 weeks to get it, other one was critical, overnight shipping.

If you needed something major would they put you on an 11 month waiting list?

Guest Angry Egg Driver
well..having nothing to back up wild accusations is truly when one should make them! ;)

Having had occasion to fly them, I will agree. There is a need for more power. However, what is lacking in that area is more than made up for in other areas. I have moved two (2) quads at a time on the hook a good distance with one and will say they do it just as well, if not more comfortable, then the jetranger will. And in level flight are much quicker. My two cents worth.

Thats pretty impressive to be able to move "2" quads at a time with one and especially any distance.The average quad these days is 700-800 lbs with racks and fuel on them.That is considerably more than a jetranger will lift.

If we were AOG for the switches or any other part, major or minor, they would pull it off an aircraft on the assembly line if they don't have it in stock.

The other issue we have is with Turbomeca. Although the service has been excellent so far, they only stock parts in Montreal. This adds a day to get that part to High Level in many cases.

It would be nice if Eurocopter and Turbomeca had a warehouse in Edmonton for all us Alberta operators.

Anyways, back to this new operator in Slave Lake, best of luck to them!

The won't be dissapointed with the aircraft.

AED - two quads the client rented from local agency. No fuel in quads (or very little). Both had racks in front. 100 foot line with cross over lines to a single hook. Lifted both. Flew to location. Placed quads and returned. Left base wikth 40% fuel )+-). Not only did I do that this summer with an EC120. The other guys also did the same thing on seveal occasions. Admittedly, the F.L.I. was approaching (???) yellow and there was a breeze to assist. However, with a little effort, it was, can and is being done.

Again, it is not a ship that can be hurried when you are heavy. A little time spent finding out what she wants to do and more often than not, you will get your job done. As for parts and maintenance issues, mabey "Bubba" can enlighten us.

The only thing I noticed about the 120 is that it doesn't like to be down wind and it will weathercock and stick it's nose into wind. It'll teach you how to find the wind if you don't know hot to find it. With my limited experience in the ship there is only one thing that I don't like about it and that is that if there is high wind that thing will kick the crap out of you. There is so much surface area of airframe that if there is gusty winds you have to slow things down in a big way or you WILL OVER TORQUE THE FLI.