Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Helicopter Lands On Highway

Funny, the news clip on Global showed an "upright" 47 sitting on the median.......must be a mistake though, as some "expert" here say's otherwise :lol:

Yea for arguements sake I have a picture of it sitting upright, bent tailboom and skids but other than that fully intact. It was pretty ugly here, snowed all day finally let up around 8:00pm, i'm not far from abbotsford.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Glad both are okay.

Yeah, the weather around here yesterday was craptacular.

Despite the HEAVY snowfall and the fact that the roads were covered and accumulating, I saw some schmuck on a motorcycle yesterday going about 5 km/h on the Langley Bypass, both feet stuck out like outriggers. :shock:

Some people just don't get it. :wacko:

Funny, the news clip on Global showed an "upright" 47 sitting on the median.......must be a mistake though, as some "expert" here say's otherwise :lol:

One of our project managers was driving back from Vancouver and was listening to the LAD channel (truckers VHF-FM channel) to get the scoop on driving conditions when he heard the lowdown on what happened.

The word on the trucker channel is that the helicopter landed upright as seen in the pictures and it caused quite a stir but I believe it did not cause any motor vehicle accidents. There was quite a slowdown of traffic while a lowbed or some such truck came and loaded it up.

Unfortunately shortly after that the aircraft 'fell' off the truck this time causing greater confusion and possibly 2 motor vehicle accidents.

I can't validate this story but it is what the truckers reported.

How about sharing the expierence wth us. What happened?

Be VERY careful about what you share before all the "other" paperwork and comments are made to the appropiate people.

You survived the incident, don't hang yourself now....

We would all like to know, and will in the appropiate time.

And ultimately, that is the most important thing out of any mishap, incident, or accident....... that those on board are all O/k........ :up:

Anytime something like this occurs, there is value in learning from mistakes of others, not finger pointing and public hangings.

Thanks for your well wishes... I am ok! JDP86

You sure know how to start the day, JDP! So glad to read that you're both okay!

Just paid a tow-truck driver to get my son's car and his friend's truck out of an ice-laden snowbank (long story) and I'm watching the fourth snow storm...:blink:...in four weeks... :shock:...comin' over the foothills now as I type—but wanted to take a minute to wish you all much caution and safety in the coming weeks as 'Ol Man Winter continues to strut his stuff. ;)

Iz a nasty bugger out there! :rolleyes: Be careful!