Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Whats Fair For A Wrench?

ktown

i made over 65K first year licensed and i wasnt even licensed until april, depends where you are willing to travel too and how much time your willing to be away from civilization thats almost 35$ a hour if you worked 160 hrs a month 12 months a year with no time off plus the perdiem and away from base pay on top of that........i cant complain about wages this year will be even better,.........

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

the 'typical'going rate for a 205 engineer, with experience is at least $350/day, plus per diems and expenses. the rate is going up....not down....

do the math...on forestry, on hire, 4 hrs a day mins, plus the daily rate of $350, plus the non-taxable per diem and expenses, it can easily be $10K+ per month. Add to that the possibility of winter work and seismic, and shop-time....90-100K per year is a reality.

other's pay more, other's pay less.....but a middle-of-the-road, it's acurate.....of course yrs of experience on type comes at a higher price.....

The flight pay is the real key to earning potential.....high hours means harder work-load, but big paychecks. I did one 3-week tour on seismic and made almost $15K

experience and competance on type will earn you the higher pay...and a solid reputation as such. newbies on any type make mistakes......and cost the company money....those that get the job done with no down-time, few costs, earn a good Rep in the biz.....your name will be gold....the phone rings......

no freebies in this industry......you pay as you go....

the 'typical'going rate for a 205 engineer, with experience is at least $350/day, plus per diems and expenses. the rate is going up....not down....

do the math...on forestry, on hire, 4 hrs a day mins, plus the daily rate of $350, plus the non-taxable per diem and expenses, it can easily be $10K+ per month. Add to that the possibility of winter work and seismic, and shop-time....90-100K per year is a reality.

other's pay more, other's pay less.....but a middle-of-the-road, it's acurate.....of course yrs of experience on type comes at a higher price.....

The flight pay is the real key to earning potential.....high hours means harder work-load, but big paychecks. I did one 3-week tour on seismic and made almost $15K

experience and competance on type will earn you the higher pay...and a solid reputation as such. newbies on any type make mistakes......and cost the company money....those that get the job done with no down-time, few costs, earn a good Rep in the biz.....your name will be gold....the phone rings......

no freebies in this industry......you pay as you go....

Well said Arctic Front. I think perhaps this up and comming season medium engineers will command 4-450 per day. I have cut my tours to 2 on 2off. take it or leave it. Working well so far. I work mainly 212's so perhaps the rate will be even higher due to increased workload. What do you think??

Worked with Engineer this summer who was raking in the bucks because he was managing three L's. We were all clocking around the 8 hour mark. When we timed out he kept going. When I got back after my time off he had been there for over five weeks and had made over 30k in flight pay. Sometimes I wonder why I fly and not wrench.

love my job to much I guess.

cheers.

Worked with Engineer this summer who was raking in the bucks because he was managing three L's. We were all clocking around the 8 hour mark. When we timed out he kept going. When I got back after my time off he had been there for over five weeks and had made over 30k in flight pay. Sometimes I wonder why I fly and not wrench.

love my job to much I guess.

cheers.

Your engineer cannot keep that up forever koalaa119, something has to give. Make sure you do a VERY VERY good D.I. You timed out because it was recognized a long time ago that pilots can only perform at maximum output for so long. Way back when we saw Pilots so exhausted from flying to many hours they could hardly stand up.

Unfortunately this idea has not trickled down to the engineers yet.