Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Whats Fair For A Wrench?

ktown

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Most helicopter owners have no problem paying their local dealership $100/hr to work on their 50,000 truck but have a hard time paying an AMO $75/hr to fix their multi million dollar aircraft.

There is somthing really wrong with that! :down:

I don't get out of bed in the morning for anything less than $40 per hour in town and $450/day plus per diem and expences Out of town. And I've never been out of work in 7 years. If you want qualified people to work on your helicopters you going to have to pay Because the rates are going up. :D

JUST MY 2 CENTS :up:

Bubba

• 1 month later...
If you think that your making money now? Wait till after May 2007 when the Huges 500 blade daily, or hour or TQ event inspection reverts to a licesened engineer.

Hi dirofmtce: Even though I am endorsed on the 500, I am not current. I have forgotten what a 500 blade inspection entails. Does your statement mean a licenced AME will have to be with the machine at all times? Is there enough 500 guys around to cover things?

Thanks in advance

Splitpin

Hello Splitpin:

In my previous statement I was referring to HAC's release of information. In it concisely, it means that the only person who can sign off the daily AD is a licensed engineer on type.

Go to the HAC site for more info.

Regards

Dirofmtce

• 2 weeks later...
Let's all realize that owners/operators are not hurting. Cootoes to them. However when I see a check for 30,000.00 when they bought fuel low and sold it for more, all fair. We ask for a raise....

Do u hear the crickets....

Just 2 cents

Darcor.................I like your style. And oh ya, I do hear the crickets.

P.S. Thanks to everyone who responded to the post, lots of good comments.

:punk:

• 2 months later...