Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Anyone Starting At Bcit Soon?

rcketchik

i'm almost half way through at bcit, so far its been a great course, learning lots. If you like hands on learning you'll enjoy this course. When I applied i waited a month. There are start dates every 2 months and at that time they had openings in every one. I'm in the afternoon class (11:30-6:30) which works out well because I dont have to deal with traffic :up:

Interesting!

No waiting list eah, sign of things to come I guess. First year apprentice makes about 10-12 bucks and hour. Coast mountain bus company is hiring big time, 30.57$ to change tires, double time for any overtime.

Wonder what my guess would be if I was starting out.

10-12 bucks??? I finished up at BCIT at the end of October. Half our class had jobs right out of school. About 5 got into helicopters like me. We all make 15/hr. four guys went fixed wing one making 12, two making 14.50, and one getting 17. All right out of school.

We all got jobs in the winter so it will be interesting to see how the pay changes when we are out in the field.

Has for the smaller waiting lists ( I waited 16 months). I think it has to do with every school opening up more spots.

My DOM was saying just the other day after a phone call with another DOM of a helicopter company that EVERYONE is hurting to find qualified, experienced wrenches wither it be on lights, heavys whatever.

Its only a matter of time before the $$ starts reflecting the demand. (I hope :D )

Anyways, Have fun at BCIT. afternoon shift is way better. you get all the better instructors too. Hope it's a good time with old Grasby has CI hahahaha. I was one of the minority who really got along well with him in his dreaded electrics level :wacko:

Oh ya kingshead, any influence from the name of just about the best pub in kits??mmm..beer....