Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Anyone Starting At Bcit Soon?

rcketchik

• 1 month later...
Yeah, its Liz MacFarland and I think she's teaching the afternoon class

rocketchik i always look forward too your views and opinions what is happening at BCIT these days as theres alot of negative energy there. say it is not so you must be getting close to a degree and looking for real work exp. have you contacted heli. co.s in the area or are you ready to move onto other parts of the country let us know where your career takes you

rocketchik i always look forward too your views and opinions what is happening at BCIT these days as theres alot of negative energy there. say it is not so you must be getting close to a degree and looking for real work exp. have you contacted heli. co.s in the area or are you ready to move onto other parts of the country let us know where your career takes you

Thanks, you're right as there is a lot of negative energy around now but I am sure it will pass. It is such a huge change being in the new place and it is taking a bit longer that I would of expected for everything to settle down.

I have a few months before I graduate, June 13th is the date as long as things go as planned. I’ve been talking to a few company's but have not sent out any resumes yet as I was going to wait until March to do that.

I have a few questions that I am almost scared to ask on here, but here go's and I am sure I will find out when looking for a job but I don't want to be unreasonable. Are there many company’s out there that will hire someone (an apprentice) to work part time? Or will hire them from November to June?

Thanks

RocketLady:

Me thinks if you took a tour around YVR, you will find your answer. ACRO, Heli Jet, Highland, to name a few. Get to know some people, find out the watering holes and go from there. Costs nothing but time and a few beers.

Good Luck.

Cheers, Don

PS: Don't forget the rigid wing types on floats at the airport.

Thanks, you're right as there is a lot of negative energy around now but I am sure it will pass. It is such a huge change being in the new place and it is taking a bit longer that I would of expected for everything to settle down.

I have a few months before I graduate, June 13th is the date as long as things go as planned. I’ve been talking to a few company's but have not sent out any resumes yet as I was going to wait until March to do that.

I have a few questions that I am almost scared to ask on here, but here go's and I am sure I will find out when looking for a job but I don't want to be unreasonable. Are there many company’s out there that will hire someone (an apprentice) to work part time? Or will hire them from November to June?

Thanks

PM me and I will be able to point you in the right direction as far as the lower mainland goes.