Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Restraint Of Trade?

Phil Croucher

I hear you - but I usually rely on the good old standby that the truth is a good defence against slander. Having said that, of course PMs are useful!

Here's more from my source:

"In any case, the apparent content of Culhane's letter to XXX, as described verbally to me by them, was to infer that some of your material was copied from his. (It goes without saying that I do not believe one fraction of Culhane's astonishing b.s.) Nevertheless, it appears that Culhane has stated in this letter that should they carry your titles, then he (i.e. Culhane) would sue them."

Actually, for those who are interested, my sources included my British Army training notes and those from a firm called Avigation with whom I took my exams in UK, plus a small book called Commercial Pilot Studies by Norman Royce. Then there were all those ICAO documents, CARs, and some stuff from NASA and the FAA, which is in the public domain anyway, and my own experience operating amateur radio, setting up companies and fixing computers.

Phil

when a person conducts themselves in a manner that seems to only resonate to the sound of a cash register, it makes me wonder about whether or not their true intentions are for me to be the best i can with their help.

i realize people have bills to pay, but the people behind a product or a lesson are painting a picture of who and what they have to offer.

i've said it before and i'll say it again, when it comes to phil and others like him......true professionals.........kudos to you.

ironclad.

"their true intentions are for me to be the best i can with their help."

Somebody asked me once on an interview what gets me out of bed in the morning. The answer that sprang to mind was that I had to change the sheets, but you just put into words what I couldn't think of at the time!

Phil

I tell ya what Phil, the book(s) I want/need for my home school training is your publications that teach all of us how to do what is needed and I'll give no cirt to someone who wishes to use bombastic methods try to better their cause on the publishing market with such actions.

Thanks! I think I'm going to do something about it, but I might need a couple of witnesses to state their opinions on his products. If anyone is happy to do this, please PM me. It will probably mean nothing more than an affidavit, for which I am happy to pay.

cheers

Phil

Phil,

I'm not sure that this is the scenario you're looking at, but here's some some info that I recall from a past life in retail:

The Competition Act prohibits a vendor from taking punative action against a retailer for carrying a competing vendor's products. That said, the vendor may decide not to sell because said retailer "doesn't fit my marketing profile", or some such bs, so the true intent is hard to prove. Documentary evidence (threatening letters from vendor to retailers) is best, of course, but strong testimony from many witnesses (ie verbally threatened retailers) should work. Hard to find an attorney up to speed on this stuff. Roland McLeod (sp?) at Davis & Co. in Vancouver gave us (a large Cdn retailer) advise on this, but that was a lifetime ago before I started spinning wings...

Good luck,

Albert Ross --------I'll give you an affidavit if you come my way again buddy. The cost to you will be a "Double, Double" and here's some free Canadian advice..............deal with Mr C. through American or British courts.......not Canadian. Our laws on this subject and our Copyright Laws are atrocious in their scope and that's if they exist at all.