Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Garmin Gps

kevin

------------AND I forgot to add that I run my GPS off-of the a/c's power system. It's customized for and plugs into the three pronged plug-in for the portable fuel pump and does so without any problems.

I use that option too. It works really nice. Have installed a fuse in the cord because have found that not all the companies I have worked for keep the same polarity on the A and B pins for the connector. I would rather blow a fuse than fry my GPS.

cheers

steven

Have the xm and serius sat radios and work fine. Although the xm does seem to have limitations further north. Have used them in the Stewart area as well. Not perfect but still nice. Have the portable xm unit and is nice to take to the room and listen to at night. Wish the sat phones were as reliable.

sc