Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Fly For Free.

Heres a story I heard the other day the truth of which I cannot verify as it is from the rumour mill. A West Coast Helicopter Company which is in the business of schedueled flights between two major cities and which is also in the Medevac business (but which shall remain unnamed) recently called a meeting of all the line pilots. At this meeting the president of the company asked for volunteers to work on the medevac side of operation......wait for it.....without pay. I pause to allow for uproarious laughter from the gallery. They would staff the sched service on rotation and then staff the medevac side on their days off. This little speech would qualify for a slot on comedy central if it were not so ominous. I would love to know the inside scoop on this. If anyone has more info please elucidate. In the meantime, if you haven't got anything nice to say about anybody....sit next to me. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Just to clarify things, the company referred to above is NOT West Coast Helicopters. I don't think the owners of that company could ever think of something this low.

The company subtlely mentioned above is on the west coast, and it surprises me that the guy that runs the company would come up with such an idea. It's unlike him. Is it true ???

Times must be tough. Some of you guys want a union for better wages, while some guys are just trying to bring home any wages.

It would have been a good season to start a Kamloops to Kelowna shuttle, just to keep all the firefighters and various visiting politicians on the move.

Hey, let's put on a hoist and rappel Jean Chretien onto the fireline!!