Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Fly For Free.

Coolhand, thanks for your input from the inside.

I wonder what started that rumour. It didn't sound like a Helijet thing to do, but in this business you can never tell......

Hey, Deuce, what does your original source have to say about this lately ???

Okay, let's get another rumour started...............

1). VIH is going to buy Cougar...............oops, that was a wild rumour for almost a year before it actually happened.

2). J Lo is not going to marry Ben Affleck. She dumped him for a helicopter pilot she met recently while making a movie in BC, Alberta, and Manitoba.

(Who could it be??..........my money is on Cap).

What people may be talking about in this case, is that one aircraft would be 24/7 and the other would be 12 hour days. For the other 12 hours they were thinking about having an on call crew. If you got called you would get 4 hour mins, but paid for the full amount over the 4 hours. This was just one of the ideas that were brought up but never actually considered. From what I hear. I don't know any real details about it. Now that I am back from the fires, I am on the 2nd ambulance. Hope this kinda clears it up, if not, just ask and I will try to do better.

what is with the fires for an excuse crack? IFR pilots can't fly VFR or just that VFR is not Helijet's bag? I'm sure it was not a slag on the pilots. :D

Definitely not a slag on the pilots. The pilots I know at Helijet are second to none. Just that alot of people have been missing from the forum lately due to double crewing in the "Heartland" and when you work on a sched there is not alot of call for that. You must be one of the lucky ones to walk both roads. I am pretty much relegated to the two pilot cockpit most of the times these days but love to get smokey and dirty when I get the chance. The novelty lasts for about two weeks and then I am ready to put one the nice clean uniform again.

what is with the fires for an excuse crack? IFR pilots can't fly VFR or just that VFR is not Helijet's bag? I'm sure it was not a slag on the pilots. :D

Definitely not a slag on the pilots. The pilots I know at Helijet are second to none. Just that alot of people have been missing from the forum lately due to double crewing in the "Heartland" and when you work on a sched there is not alot of call for that. You must be one of the lucky ones to walk both roads. I am pretty much relegated to the two pilot cockpit most of the times these days but love to get smokey and dirty when I get the chance. The novelty lasts for about two weeks and then I am ready to put one the nice clean uniform again. I think I have a big dish of crow coming up for the fly free rumour. A query to my unimpechable source turned up the same info you gave cool. Big difference. However it is gratifying to note the light of truth this forum brings to dirty rumours. P.S. Me and Jen..........we're like this. :up: :up: :up: