Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Flying In The Arctic

Don't forget to grab a sat phone (and not a globalstar), and a survival gun, I'm sure GSHL probably supplys these items for machines heading into remote areas.

Although the Leatherman is an awsome gadget to have, I always carry a small tool bag that I picked up at Can. Tire, not great quality tools but probably the best 20$ I ever spent.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tool bag is a good Idea, I put a small survival stove and bottle with the diesel and jet fuel nozzles in it, the aircraft usually has one but I trust my own.

And bring gear for four seasons, you will need them usually in one month.

Bring a pair of insulated rubber boots for the sloppy weather.

And a neck warmer, just in case you have to long line and the bubble window is a couple of thousand miles away.

Cheers,

Jeff

And a neck warmer, just in case you have to long line and the bubble window is a couple of thousand miles away.

Yep - the airfreight guys in Rankin hung on to one that was being sent to me once - for 20 days - bring enough to longline with the door off in ALL weather. Or you'll be COLD.