Gallet Helmets In Ca

jfk

Put an ANR kit in my SPF5 last winter. Really clear coms! Gotta wear earplugs w/pax 'cuz the com volume's gotta be cranked up for them. When the battery poops out the ambient noise and loss of coms clarity is quite annoying!

Cheers,

dm

I got my lid about 3 years ago and have been problem free till now. The plug broke and that's about it. The visors work well and the internal(if you opt for the 250 version ) is pretty low profile. All in all a good helmet, it's light for longlining and probably could be quieter but so far it hasn't bugged me. Maybe if you fly a 500 you might want somethin quieter. If you can afford what it costs without worrying about it, go for it. I know nothing about the other models so no opinion on those.

My two bits :mellow:

Hi Over-talk,

Got no probs hearing cockpit/engine sounds. Last tour I heard the 'click' of an eager young fella in the back releasing his harness, BEFORE the skids touched down. Paused in the hover to abuse him thoroughly!

Hi Frenchwrench,

Thanks for the heads up on the batt source!

Cheers,

Dm

I know of a few pilots in the east who recently bought Gallet helmets and have problems with the sound system. The Quebec dealer says it sends the helmet to David Clark to be fitted with the communication set but it seems the helmets get the communication set from a local company, which does not do a very good job....so I have heard........

Apparently the situation is better on the west coast.

cheers

• 2 weeks later...

Currently, I know of two gallet helmets that are back in France getting some attenuation put in them. FAR too noisy for a brand new helmet. I ride an Alpha and I think it is great. I would like the new one but I also want a new Ducati as well..... :rolleyes:

Dreams are free.

Thinking about bikes.....when are ARAI gonna make a helmet for us. I have asked but received no reply.

A couple of guys I know wear the CGF Gallet helmets and found them quite noisy but very light and comfortable especially for VR work.:D I just got a David Clark ENC systm installed in my Alpha. Due to the nature of the work that I do, the last thing I need is a heavy helmet. This system is wired into the exsisting plumming and the battery box is attached to the back of the helmet similar to a NVG power pack. I thought I would pay a weight penalty after 8hrs of VR, but it's not even noticable. It's unbelievable how quite a helicopter can be . Don't have to wear ear plugs either, all of our aircraft have dual mixer boards for crew and passengers. I highly recommend GEL ear seals to furthuer improve the seal to your head, it also makes your batteries last longer because the ENC system has to work that much less. The only flaw with the system is the life of the battery, however an avionics company in CYYC has found me a 24v converter that will plug directly into the helicopter. After all these years of losing my hearing I highly recommend any ANR or ENC system regardless of the helmet manufacturer. You only have one set of ears, protect them. :up: In regards to aural warning systems, no problem. In fact with the system installed, it makes you very aware that there is an impending emergency. B)