Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Gallet Helmets In Ca

jfk

I had an SPH5 with ANR kit and found it worthless for VR work. I found that looking down and turning my head all the time broke the ear cup seal causing all sorts of feedback noise (I had Gel earphone seals as well). A colleague of mine had the same problem with an Alpha ANR system.

Sold the SPH5 and bought a CGF and am very happy with it. By far the lightest and most comfortable helmet I have used. I wear earplugs all the time so the noise is not really an issue.

CGF gets a :up: from me.

Well if you want lower profile, but the same noise atenuation, go with the HGU-84! It was designed for the US Navy, and comes with either visors on a bungee, or in a hard case! :D

I just bought a new liner for my helmet from Oregon Aero, and that was amazing! The TPL Liner was good, but this liner is superb! No hot-spots, even after 5 hours with it on (Imagine 5 hours in a Schweizer 300CB!). I also got the new earseals, with leather cover, and some kind of shaping foam inside. Truly worth the investment! I still wear earplugs, but mostly because I want to keep my hearing until after I turn 50.

Also heard something slightly disturbing about ANR as well... It can actually make your hearing worse, particularily on the lower frequencies, which I find disturbing.

I've said it here before and I'll say it here again................the rebuild kit from Oregon Aero is worth every penny. If your helmet is a few years old, you should seriously consider it. It's called a Zeta liner and the extra earcups are great too.

The difference in comfort and sound protection is unbelievable. Easy to clean too, just throw it in the washing machine every few weeks, and drip-dry (a few hours).

I know you don't want advertising on this forum, but I'm not being paid to say this stuff, so here's a link.

http://www.oregonaero.com/p69_2001.html