Jet A Smells Bad, Any Idea Why?

Just an added point from someone that many here are old enough to remember or were taught by him or know him personally......Bob Cameron of Standard Aero years ago.

While I was running Base, I seemed to be going through FCU's like proverbial shyte through a goose. Out of frustration (because these were all being charged back to my Base budget) I called Bob in Winnipeg and said I realized before that the FCU's on 206's had a low tolerance for water, but nothing like I was encountering. His reply?........."Well Cap old buddy, when all you guys out there stop refuelling outta drums, you'll see the vast majority of your FCU problems disappear. You've just ran into a batch of badly stored fuel. Who stored it? If it was you, then get someone to give you a good, hard swift kick in the *** 'cause each FCU costs about $15,000 to R & R by the time it gets back to you". I'd then found another good reason to store my drum fuel properly and refuel with it properly.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic