Got Accepted

I think 5th should take the 5th before he gets any deeper

here's a few things to add....

If you find yourself in a hole, the first thing to do is stop diggin'

Remember that silence is sometimes the best answer

Every path has a few puddles

You cannot unsay a cruel word

Do not corner something that you know is meaner than you (ie Cap)

Forgive your enemies, it messes up their head

Life is simpler when you plow around the stump

Lettin' the cat outta the bag is a whole lot easier than putting it back in.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know it might sound off topic but I would like to know from you ex or current military pilot guys if I can fail the BOT????

What to excpect and how to be best prepared.

BTW I know its not off topic but concidering the last 2 pages of this topic, wich contains some incredible IN YOUR FACE sentence....

I must admit I had quite a laugh.

ASL,

Read this entire website, including the "Future Instructors" tab.

http://www.cflrs.forces.gc.ca/

You can fail IAP/BOTP/BMOQ or whatever it is that we're doing. It's really easy to fail actually, just make a lot of small mistakes or one big one. The course content itself is very easy, but getting through it is another thing entirely. Getting up a 4:30am and getting run around until 10:30-11:00 at night for 15 weeks is hard on the body and it's hard on people too. Expect to see lots of injuries (both real and fake) and lots of people drop off the course for personal reasons. (Wife/Girlfriend/Kids etc). Do lot's of pushups, situps, chin-ups and running before you go and try out the stairmasters. (This is hilarious for those who have been to St. Jean, trust me) I'm sure I'll tee up with you there, as it sounds like we are on the same serial.

Stew

Do lot's of pushups, situps, chin-ups and running before you go and try out the stairmasters. (This is hilarious for those who have been to St. Jean, trust me) I'm sure I'll tee up with you there, as it sounds like we are on the same serial.

Stew

It is!!!! :up: :D :up:

The advice on physical conditioning is bang on. Get yourself used to some physical activity if you are not already in a program. It makes the whole experience a lot easier on you.

Another thing they are always looking at is attitude. At Basic, you will be doing Officer training....not Pilot training. The staff there don't care what wonderful piloting skills you have or what your aspirations for a long and satisfying flying career are. Your Training NCM's will be looking at you and thinking...."Would I want this guy/gal as my boss? Would I be willing to take orders from this person in a high stress situation? Does this person put the needs of the CF and his subordinates ahead of his/her own?" So my advice would be make sure you're going into it as a team player.

Oh yeah, take your sense of humour with you as well.

Good luck!!

Hey fifth me thinks that your poor attitude is definately not improved by alcohol! Maybe you ought to read what others have said. Congrats are in order for ASL not all the crap you've been spewing! On a other topic maybe you can explain how to get skidded from a drill job when all that's left to do is de-mobe the drill.Bad attitude & poor client relations maybe. Seems that has been your claim to fame for awhile. Give yer head a shake man!!!!

Oh yeah, take your sense of humour with you as well.

When I was with 3 RCR we had three principles we lived by. At least that's what the RSM told us.

1) Relentless pursuit of the mission.

2) Demonstrate an indifference to discomfort

3) Accept the ironies of army life

They've served me well every day of my career and they will serve you well too. Once again, I'll see you on the 16th.