Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Persian Gulf!

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have to agree that Dubai is one of the nicest places I've been in my travels. Lot's to do and complety westerner friendly. Also some of the most spectacular restaurants I've seen at very reasonable prices. Now that I think about it housing is probably the only thing that is overly expensive there. Oh yeah and booze is pretty pricy.

I spent some time at Aerogulf last year working with their maintenence department preparing our 365's for import into Iran and exporting our 76 and 212. I thought they were very professional and the hangar was perfect.

They would be my first choice if I returned to the Middle East.

Money isn't everything.

Just returned from a tour of the Middle East area, up close and personal visit at Falcon Aviation. Albert Ross your info not totally correct, affliation only. Falcon Aviation Services = The 3 M's .. excellent management, maintenace, machinery. Appreciate and respect their employees, forward thinking. If one has the opprotunity FAS will be the place to be.

The deal is that the apartment, furniture and utilities are paid for, plus the telephone line, and basic medical coverage that you can increase to worldwide (ish) for 500 Dhs per month. You get a car allowance of 500 per month, and they will grant you a loan when you join which is paid back at 500 per month. There is also a small sum to set up with household stuff - about 1500 DHs if memory serves. No loss of licence coverage, but there is an air fare home once a year which you can take in cash if you find a better deal.

If you have kids, their education is paid, up to a certain amount

Current pay is 21000 DHs per month, possible increase in a month or so.

Oh yes, and 42 days leave per year plus 2 for travel.

phil