Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Industry Self-management

As an owner/manager/pilot I have a few points I would like to bring up.

I agree that there needs to be an active voice in some issues. But do not forget that HAC has made many positive changes, whether it is with dangerous goods, flight duty times and many more. I know many companies are deeply indebted to them for helping with their cause in fighting unfairness dealt by TC. Also there was an issue of flying persons in the US while on certain jobs like seismic. They were able to lobby TC to put in writing the ability of Canadian operators under NAFTA to haul persons while on seismic. Does this not help all not just owners?

Why is there such a need to be disruptive, I do believe that these is two seperate entities and how positive is it for them to be antagonistic toward each other, how will any progress be made in dealling in manners of regulation.

I feel that the manner of aggressiveness shown by HEPAC(anyone google HEPAC, there are other associations in Canada with same acronym by the way) is not at all something I appreciate as a PILOT, and do not want to be lumped in with such mannerisms. Change to a more positive attitude and treat people as equals then count me in...... What goes on behind the scenes does not matter while making statements such as those made in these forums.

As pilot who was an employee for 23 years, I was treated poorly by one company and the man who treated me the worst was NOT a pilot or engineer.....have to remember that most of these managers you hate came from the ranks and perhaps are stressed out and have no management training to be there. I know there is more than one person who disliked me a a manager, it is a very hard job and without proper guidance can be predidably a one way road to unpopularity.

As an owner for 3 years I feel hurt that some of you disdan people like me, what a strange attitude, as I spend as much time in the field as the pilots I work with and do my best to make our operation safe and enjoyable. And as owners go, am pretty sure am not alone in this catagory.

Perhaps we should try to get along towards a positive goal and take advantage of the experience we have.

Paul Kendall

Owner

Chief Pilot

Operations Manager

Cleaner of aircraft

Hauler of fuel

Customer helper

Bill collector

Pilot

Hi-Wood Helicopters

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Perhaps we should try to get along towards a positive goal and take advantage of the experience we have.

Paul Kendall

Owner

Chief Pilot

Operations Manager

Cleaner of aircraft

Hauler of fuel

Customer helper

Bill collector

Pilot

Hi-Wood Helicopters

You totally forgot:

Walker through lodge naked after drinking 151 proof rum

Regurgitator of scotch in check pilot's hotel room

Sprayer of glue on volvo ceiling to cause sticking of heads

And many more!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now as you stated I seem to divide pilots and engineers, oh yes this is what it may seem like on the surface, but let me tell you ( whoever you are) that in private, in person, in the field, in athe way of PM's, emails and telephone calls that I have recieved over the years due to my contraversial outspoken methods, not without frustration at times.I have been commended for speaking out .

Wow... apparently you can have all kinds of identities (as many as seven as I recall) and even commend yourself for your good work through PM's and other means on this forum... powerful stuff!!!!!!!!!!!!:)

Hey Skulucap; Long time no hear from you.

I do not disagree with your post, or Overtalks.

In the beginning of HEPAC, HAC (pronounced while clearing ones throat) was approached on a positive note asking for communication, NOT CONFRONTATION as your CEO (God) or whatever he wants to call himself, never even acknowledged the communication. A few of your directors were also approached with the same result.

Were do you think the name "owners club" comes from, do not associate with the employees.

For your information I was elected President of the Quebec Flying Club in the late sixties' while employed by Autair Helicopters doing power line patrol for Quebec Hydro and putting up with turkies like HAC has as thier spokesperson, I know of him. One who looks after oneself.

Credo of a politician: Me first, party next and the people who elected me, third.

This, thank God, does not apply to them all.

So, HEPAC's only resolve is to communicate via this web page and I say again to the "owners club" we are open to discussion but not as long as I'm president of this association will there be any meaningfull dialogue with the present egocentric CEO.

The BALL is in your court.

Cheers, Don

Skullcaps post reflects how I feel as well, I'm in the same position owner, manager and pilot. My way of managing is pretty simple "treat people how I would want to be treated". As a manager have I made mistakes? Absolutely. Will I make more? Yes. Will I learn from past mistakes? Yes.

Blackmac ever consider that HAC made a mistake by not hearing you out or taking you seriously? To me it sounds like HAC is more than willing to listen to HEPAC now (which I think is a good idea). I suggest to start over and give it another try.

It sounds like Mr. Jenner is there for awhile and to get HEPAC going without any communications with HAC sounds like its done before it starts as we all want the same results. The president of an association is voted in to speak for the members. Do you feelings for HAC represent the majority of the HEPAC members?

If HEPAC will not communicate with HAC you will not have my support.

Todd Tkach

Chief Pilot

Gemini Helicopters

Leave past battles behind, we are trying to move forward here. HAC is a sucess because the members of HAC make it that way. HEPAC may be a sucess once a membership is aquired, and the members vote on a managment, goals and values of this new organization. If HEPAC refuses to talk with HAC it would be my opinion that you will go nowhere. I believe HAC has around a 90% Canadian industry membership. I will not be any part of a HAC vs HEPAC, this is a waste of time and energy.

There are times when, whatever your opinion of someone is, you have to keep it to yourself and get along with them for the benefit of other people. This is one occasion where you have to check your ego at the door - and this comment is not directed at any particular person.

Phil

Great discussion guys........let's keep this progressing with this sort of lucidity and tact.

Blackmac, **** funny analogy about clearing your throat !! I guess no-one thought about that when they came up with the name.

JWR, sincere best wishes on quiting smoking, hang in there.......it's a killer !!

OT