Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Industry Self-management

HAC on the most part has confronted TC on a regulatory and legislative front. These issue's were brought forth commonly by Operators. Most companies haven't the time or experience to challenge these complaints. HAC has done this for the industry in general, I believe they have not turned a member away!

If you think they (HAC) have time to listen to complaints about employee wages and hours worked and hard done by you are, your barking up the wrong tree. ( Next time the neighbours dog barks all night, phone your local police and see what they have to say!) There are bigger fish to fry and the energy is well spent else where! Oh, and if your one of these constant complainers, leave the industry, No one is holding you here, if you think the grass is greener elsewhere, try it!! I hear McDonalds is hiring!

Getting back to topic of self management, what are "you" afraid of? A change? Think that HAC may favor one Operator over another? What??? I think we fear the unknown. What we don't realize is that one day Transport dosen't just hand over the keys to the office and filing cabinets, the process is much more involved. We all must educate ourselfs and be vocal about the Pro's and Cons of this whole process.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

T-Rex:

Not to sure were your coming from with your tirade or were you have been the last few years, I've known about SMS since back in the ninetie's.

Also, I guess you missed the recent course that TC gave and are an expert on Safety Management.

How many people did HAC sponsor, if they get along so well with Transport!!!???

Don

HAC on the most part has confronted TC on a regulatory and legislative front. These issue's were brought forth commonly by Operators. Most companies haven't the time or experience to challenge these complaints. HAC has done this for the industry in general, I believe they have not turned a member away!

If you think they (HAC) have time to listen to complaints about employee wages and hours worked and hard done by you are, your barking up the wrong tree. ( Next time the neighbours dog barks all night, phone your local police and see what they have to say!) There are bigger fish to fry and the energy is well spent else where! Oh, and if your one of these constant complainers, leave the industry, No one is holding you here, if you think the grass is greener elsewhere, try it!! I hear McDonalds is hiring!

Getting back to topic of self management, what are "you" afraid of? A change? Think that HAC may favor one Operator over another? What??? I think we fear the unknown. What we don't realize is that one day Transport dosen't just hand over the keys to the office and filing cabinets, the process is much more involved. We all must educate ourselfs and be vocal about the Pro's and Cons of this whole process.

I've accused other posters that post along a similar vein as yours T-rex of being management. But, I truly think you are "upper" management!! Sounds to me like a last gasp from the old guard. Don't think for one second that HEPAC is not going to change things. Just remember, you cannot hold back the tide!!! As for H.A.C., they (the companies) have done diddly squat for the employees of this industry, and the same applies to C.A.M.C. They are both self serving bureaucratic organizations that have zero interest in the concerns of the people that truly make up this industry.

P.S. You might also consider using "spellcheck" when making any further posts.

Have a good day!!

My Best Regards

Splitpin

T-Rex;

With all respect, the topic is Industry Self-Management under the proposed SMS system being introduced under Bill C-6 along with many other changes. Though I am sure most of us will see the benefits of SMS, without continued TC oversight, it may become real self-regulation. If you think this industry with all of its complexities, is ready for self-regulation, I strongly disagree.

Issues about wages and other complaints have not been mentioned and have nothing to do with the issue. Whether anyone has brought these issues to the attention of HAC before, I am not aware but I don't know too many people with an understanding of the industry who would attempt such foolhardiness, knowing who HAC serves. If they did, they would have found out readily that HAC wouldn't listen to them anyway. If HAC serves you well, that is great as it has obviously existed for a reason and I am sure they are good at what they do. I still contend that they have done little for the pilots and engineers and I think it is a bit pompous to swarm in here with their new found concern for us.

If your attitude is that of HAC members, then there is no concern, only control. Ignore the issues of Bill C-6 and you will rue the day when the sleazeballs are undercutting your every effort, more so than they are today.

Regards

carholme

Just remember, you cannot hold back the tide!!!...........P.S. You might also consider using "spellcheck" when making any further posts.

Have a good day!!

My Best Regards

Splitpin

Get with the program....Hepac is barely a ripple at the moment, not even close to tidal status, never will be the tsumani so many are hoping for. I suspect if the ball starts rolling it'll take years before it gets enough power to even make a smack on the industry, let alone change it.

and seeing your other post where you chastized someone for their comment (something about sexism), I am seeing a trend here, you don't like when someone corrects you, but you are quick to correct others......You're needing more scotch i think.

Actually I am concerned about my future in this industry. I am not someone who sits on here and ****** about their lives and blames everyone but themselves! I am involved with many decisions that are made. I attend HAC and speak in turn!

Blackmac, I have never confessed about being a SMS expert, but have talked with a few that are! I think it is the uneducated persons whom don't understand how it works and it's importance to everyone in the industry. Maybe the whinner's in here work for those 'under the rug' companies that fix logbooks for their own benefit, and must treat their employee's like crap along with low wages. Maybe you should move onward, alot of great companies out there.

Splitpin, I am a manager now, I have worked as a pilot and educated myself over the past 17 years in aviation and made myself to whom I am today.

and seeing your other post where you chastized someone for their comment (something about sexism), I am seeing a trend here, you don't like when someone corrects you, but you are quick to correct others......You're needing more scotch i think.

Oh well, sucks to be me I suppose. :punk: :punk: :punk:

A little off the subject Fenny, but dude can you please change the horrendous Avitar, man those teeth are so fowl. Please. I can't take it anymore.

Thanks in advance.

John

i hope this is more to your liking....go on, say something is fowl about it....go on......I thought not.... :punk:

I'm curious though when it'll be deemed offensive by someone and removed....oh well....tick tock....tick...tock......