Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Camc?

RTR

Anybody visited the CAMC web site lately?

Try to find a spot or option for an honest to god AME to become a member? I couldn't find it.

Found an easy way to become a member if'n I was a "shop technician" etc etc.

Did I miss an obvious tab to click on to become an employed and qualified (in one of my professions) members of the Canadian Aviation Maintenance Counsel??

To my mind it oughta be: AME?------> proceed here!

I mean ...huh?

Did I miss something?

help an old fella out if I'm wrong...please

thanks!

RTR

LOL, Have to have a few to spare for frying Klipper. I'm a little short there lately <G>.

We had a great time in Mexico, thanks.

Hope all is well with you.

cheers,

RTR

OK, lets get down to a bit of realism as far as C.A.M.C. is concerned. Check the membership!! How many actual independent A.M.E.'s do you see? They are mostly companies and managers!! How can companies and managers have the best interests of the average A.M.E. at heart? The same applies to A.M.E. associations across the country. Have you ever seen any one of these organizations addressing the problem of duty times for Engineers, working conditions, and on and on it goes!!

Think about it!!

Guest Bullet Remington

Gotta go with Splitpin on this subject. I asked around to a number of Fling wing and plank operators (Maintenance Depts) and not one of them stated that being a member of CAMC would make a bit of difference to them hiring or not hiring an engineer.

Couple of years back I looked into the matter and reviewed just what CAMC had to offer that would have convinced me to pay them coin. Frankly, I saw nothing that would prove advantageous to me nor increase my employability or profitability.

From my perspective, CAMC has done little if anything to further the interests of licensed AMEs. Granted they hve been instrumental in getting Shop Techs recognized, but I have yet to meet a Shop Tech that have revieved any additional benefits by being recognized as an actual "trade"

Having stated that, IF one is interested in working for NAIT or SAIT as an instructor, the Alberta government does provide MORE recognization to AMEs that are registered with CAMC, then those who are not. AND they pay more based upon that. <_<

From my perspective, and I may be wrong, (Feel Free to enlighten me) CAMC is NOT unlike a number of the AME Associations across Canada. Same old boys providing themselves with a bit of job security by creating their own positions and attempting to justify it to the industry.

And that's not necessarily a bad thing. I'm getting to be an old boy myself! Just might have to look it in a different perspective!! :blink:

From my perspective, CAMC has done little if anything to further the interests of licensed AMEs. Granted they hve been instrumental in getting Shop Techs recognized, but I have yet to meet a Shop Tech that have revieved any additional benefits by being recognized as an actual "trade"

The non-licenced trades were the primary objective for CAMC - to provide some sort of standard that a person could present to prospective employees. AME's were way down on the list of priorities as we are already recognized in terms of standards for holding a licence.

The non-licenced trades were the primary objective for CAMC - to provide some sort of standard that a person could present to prospective employees. AME's were way down on the list of priorities as we are already recognized in terms of standards for holding a licence.

Direct from CAMC Website

FrançaisAbout Us » What is CAMC?

What is CAMC?

The Canadian Aviation Maintenance Council (CAMC) is a not-for-profit sector council that represents and assists Canada’s aviation and aerospace industry with its human resource strategy, issues and solutions. With the participation of industry members, we develop and publish National Occupational Standards with supporting Logbooks (for professional certification) and Curricula (for post-secondary training organizations). We promote safety, professionalism and standardization through national communication with industry; Human Factors and Safety Management Systems training; individual certification in 24 occupations; and accreditation of training organization programs.

Direct from PAMC Website

Mission Statement.

The Pacific AME Association shall always promote and protect the professionalism of the AME, while developing, maintaining and improving our relations with regulatory bodies affecting our industry.

We shall represent the views and objectives of our members, while promoting proficiency through educational collaboration with other groups on matters of mutual interest.

We shall promote honourable practices among our Members and others in the aviation industry, while remaining non-union, non-sectarian and non-partisan.

I have seen very little or nothing to reflect these statements.

ok i am new to all of this and don't realy want to pi## off any body.

but for use as ame's to be recognized as a trade or profecinals in the eyes of revinue canada and every one else, don't we have to be part of an organization? :unsure:

now at no point am i saying that camc. is that group or that any of the other organization out there i'm just asking the question, and if i am wrong i appaligize now