Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Camc?

RTR

ok i am new to all of this and don't realy want to pi## off any body.

but for use as ame's to be recognized as a trade or profecinals in the eyes of revinue canada and every one else, don't we have to be part of an organization? :unsure:

now at no point am i saying that camc. is that group or that any of the other organization out there i'm just asking the question, and if i am wrong i appaligize now

How about an apology for your spelling?

Ha, Ha! :bleh: :bleh:

Sorry, Big Guy... But is has been a while since I have been able to give you a hard time!

Too bad you didn't make it up for the goat survey. Mind you, the goats are a little less nervous now!! :shock:

ok i am new to all of this and don't realy want to pi## off any body.

but for use as ame's to be recognized as a trade or profecinals in the eyes of revinue canada and every one else, don't we have to be part of an organization? :unsure:

now at no point am i saying that camc. is that group or that any of the other organization out there i'm just asking the question, and if i am wrong i appaligize now

noo gi

know yoo donnt haf two bee a mimber of anny orgunisashun two be rekognised *** a aMe. awl yoo nead is a lisense.

at no point was i trying to stir up sh#t. it is just my understanding that most professions that are recognized as a trade or as professionals belong to an orginization, that has or is fighting for them in ottawa to be recognized.

now if i'm not mistaken there was another thread on this forum, and i also beleive on avcanada's forum as well, commenting on how ame's are not recognized as either a trade or a professional. so if the camc is not that group to do that for us then maybe we should look at different group to do that for us.

but if we all want to just want do nothing about it and b$tch about it then forget the above post (now i'm stirring up sh#t )

when I graded from bcit, I got two certificates. The "real" one: Diploma of Tech issued by BCIT with the TC approval # on it for AME - M. and another one from CAMC for succesfully completing a reconised course to become an "AIRCRAFT TECHNICIAN".

WTF.

I only value the REAL one that MATTERS to Employers and Transport Canada.

CAMC is great for Gas turbine guys, component guys, ramp rats and other previously non-certified professions. But come on what do AMEs need them for???????? we can't even get a substatial amount of AMEs in our own professional associations like PAMEA.

at no point was i trying to stir up sh#t. it is just my understanding that most professions that are recognized as a trade or as professionals belong to an orginization, that has or is fighting for them in ottawa to be recognized.

now if i'm not mistaken there was another thread on this forum, and i also beleive on avcanada's forum as well, commenting on how ame's are not recognized as either a trade or a professional. so if the camc is not that group to do that for us then maybe we should look at different group to do that for us.

but if we all want to just want do nothing about it and b$tch about it then forget the above post (now i'm stirring up sh#t )

Down, Big Guy!! I think the pot stirring guy was meant for either mine or Splitpin's benefit...

Oh, and thanks for the numbers earlier, I got those samples off to the mail in record time.