Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Cessna 414 Lost

Randy_G

According to a newsreport on Canada.com, one of Alta Flights 414's went down Tuesday night while enroute from Cranbrook to Calgary. The aircraft is still missing.

My thoughts and condolences go out to his family.

Guest graunch1

I have heard that they heard an ELT last night but don't know if it was from the missing a/c.

Don't know what the Wx was over the Rocks but probably not that great as we are in somewhat of a Chinook effect in YYC which usually means not great Wx over there. :(

• 11 months later...

400 series Cessna airplanes are not the most reliable machines on earth, but they are quite powerful....able to maintain single engine performance to a reasonable altitude, but the crossing over those mountains is not that low....I hope he didn't feel a thing....too bad another bad accident tarnishes our otherwise great industry.

too many good people are lost and all of them sadden us all.