Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Okanagan Helicopters Reunion 2004

I wondered about why they chose August for a helicopter company reunion too CAP, and I don't want to know what you "can and can't control". As BlackMac suggested, talk to the Duty Nurse at the rest home on that one 'Ol boy !

I supose they chose late August because most of the organizers are already retired, and most of the attendees are going to be retired or close to it.... plus in a normal fire year, things are on the down-hill-slide by August 20th.

Doesn't matter to me when it is, 'cause, as you say, I still can control some things, plus 2 Ex-OKie guys sign my paycheque, so will make sure that I get time-off.

Hope to see you there CAP, I'll take a turn pushing you chair around the Hall..... :D

Blackmac ----- comments duly noted and 'get stuffed'. Now that I know your 'handle', I can say that it's been a long time since Bell's Corners, circa 1970. Being not all that small at the time, I trust that you can still fit into a Huges 500. If memory serves me correctly, at the time you had some years on me yourself, so I'd be careful about any of those 'old folks' jokes, if I were you. Being ex-Navy, a reciting of all the verses you know of "The North Atlantic Squadron" would smooth over any possible ill feelings on my part. :D

407 Driver ------- I forgot about your employers, so you're 'in like flint', I would guess. My only reply to the 'wheelchair' comment is that I remember your profile didn't cast quite as big a shadow at one time, so perhaps pushing me around in a wheelchair would negate some of your wife's good cooking. I realize that 'barley sandwiches' have made a contribution also, but perhaps there will be another occasion for a work-out with me in the wheel chair. Remember though, that there may not be wheel-chair ramps and you may have to carry me up some steps here and there. As it's being held in BC, I just wanted to let you know that I am still hetrosexual and I trust you will remain the same in case the occasion should arise. :PB)

Oh Ya, no problem. DW is the one who informed me of this reunion. RAE is still doing well, he's still working deep inside the huge finely tuned machine (known as CHL?) keeping the boys informed of all all safety concerns. I'm guessing that he'll be getting out soon, age 65 must be right around the corner. He still lives in the White Rock area and works out of YVR.

• 2 months later...