Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Bell 429 First Flight

• 5 months later...
Guest Aggroeitch
Great looking machine, though!

Yeah, nicely copied from the current Eurocopter models (135/145). Minus the tailrotor of course, which is copied from the.... some 1970's design?? Maybe better to leave it there (i don't know the technical details, just looking at the shape of it).... :rolleyes:

Seriously, i really hope Bell will succeed this time. Another failure after 417 and 210 would be a nightmare for them. It doesn't help much that the customer support is the best in the world if they can't develop competitive products for the market.

It's time to get some serious competition for Eurocopter.

Seriously, i really hope Bell will succeed this time. Another failure after 417 and 210 would be a nightmare for them. It doesn't help much that the customer support is the best in the world if they can't develop competitive products for the market.

Aggroeitch,

you are probably right, but already having >200 orders for the 429 speak for itself. Nevertheless it´s still up to Bell to continue successful developing/testing - phases.

Jan