Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Hac

$399 pre registration for a NON member!

I guess that is why the people who actually work in the industry, live in the tents, spin the wrenches and generate the revenue are not going?

$129.95 just for the golf and a meal? #### - maybe its worth that just to just kick all their arses.

Can someone tell me one thing the HAC has done for the average joe working in the field? Not being facitious. Just would like to be enlightened.

Can someone tell me one thing the HAC has done for the average joe working in the field? Not being facitious. Just would like to be enlightened.

And 'that" is why, we need representation, and a combined voice for the engineers, pilots and other support personnel within this industry.

I went to the HAC convention for a couple of days for two reasons.......one two have a dialog with Merlin Preuss, the conversation consisted of HEPAC and what will be a proposal towards industry self management, the other was to campaign for HEPAC.

The discussions were in regards to your very statement, I talked with many owners, management and Geoff Goodyear, the reaction was very positive, and no one disagreed about the lack of how the flight crews have been left out in "left field" so to speak. In fact one operator expressed interest in jumping on board, when we progress further.

It will be up to all of you to make HEPAC work......the foundation is being set right now, as it develops, it could prove to be a "strong" voice in the industry........be part of it.

Gentlemen, thank you for your input on the subject of Industry Self-management. I agleam read every comment and replied personally to several queries. Your input was, on the whole, of considerable value to advancing the interests of the Canadian Helicopter Industry.

In the process many of you had rather harsh comments in regard to HAC. Although some of you find my analogies to be less than brilliant, I venture to say that not sharing the same religion does not mean we don’t share a common faith in God.

As a very experienced association manager I can only suggest that building on the positive is more productive than emphasising the negative.

Thanks again for your comments on our preliminary assessment of Industry Self-management. It is far from a done deed and will most certainly be the subject of further discussion which I hope you will all participate in with the same vigour and candour.