Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Tracking An Old B206 A

Hi Everyone, this is my first post and hopefully some of you guys may be able to help me. I am trying to track down an old B206 A Jet Ranger, it once belonged to my employers father who is hoping to find it for old times sake. It was reg in Ireland in Aug 1967 under EI-APP for 2 years and then cancelled 29-Apr-72, then shipped to Canada under the reg of CF-FKR its s/n was 0079. Does anyone have any infomation on its whereabouts, I know it was involved in a accident in Quebec in 1979 when operated by Iroquois Helicopters after this the trail just goes cold, no one has any record of it, I have emailed so many people, at this stage I feel i am cracking up . If I could even find the data plate for it I would be happy, so any help would be truly grateful.

Thank You.

Border.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Border ---------know the a/c and flew it in Quebec on the James Bay Power Project in that '72 - '73 time period. I didn't know about the crash later on because I was long gone from there by that time.

If you have hit a stone wall as far as tracing it is concerned and you are 100% certain as to the Serial Number, you might want to contact Bell in Ft. Worth. I'm sure that if you gave them the information that you have on numbers, etc. they will be able to help you and/point you.

My father-in-law, Frank Harley, flew EI-APP in Ireland for Northgate Exploration (Canada) or Irish Base Metals (Ireland) from 1967 to 1972. It was purchased new from Bell, Fort Worth and shipped to Ireland. After the contract was completed in Ireland Frank purchased the aircraft from Northgate and returned to Canada. He then formed Iroquois Helicopter Leasing Ltd. and commenced leasing CF-FKR to varioius Canadian operators.

The aircraft was completely destroyed by fire in his hangar in Carp, Ontario (outside of Ottawa) around 1981.

I'll try and post some old photographs of the aircraft. I know I have one with Senator Edward Kennedy sitting in the passenger seat.He was in Ireland "cooling off" following the "Chappaquiddick incident".

Hi Everyone, this is my first post and hopefully some of you guys may be able to help me. I am trying to track down an old B206 A Jet Ranger, it once belonged to my employers father who is hoping to find it for old times sake. It was reg in Ireland in Aug 1967 under EI-APP for 2 years and then cancelled 29-Apr-72, then shipped to Canada under the reg of CF-FKR its s/n was 0079. Does anyone have any infomation on its whereabouts, I know it was involved in a accident in Quebec in 1979 when operated by Iroquois Helicopters after this the trail just goes cold, no one has any record of it, I have emailed so many people, at this stage I feel i am cracking up . If I could even find the data plate for it I would be happy, so any help would be truly grateful.

Thank You.

Border.

Further to C-FFKR. I am the son of the owner of Iroquios Helicopters. I fly for Canadian Helicopters. C-FFKR burned in a hangar fire beside Carp Airport back in the seventies, I forget exactly the time and date. Would have to do some searching on that one. I got a lot of stick time in Ireland on FKR in 67,68,69 before I came back to Canada to train with Viking Helicopters. She was a nice old bird, of course new when I flew it. I know I have pictures of it here. I was looking at them a few weeks ago. Maybe I could e-mail you some or post them here.

Border------ it would appear that your questions have been answered "in Spades". I have no photos, but remember her well. Reason for that being that she had "boosted" pedals and there wwas one other low serial numbered a/c like her in the fleet. Those that hadn't flown "boosted" before didn't care for them much and a few avoided them like death. I always enjoyed the "boosted" pedals and had no problem with it. If memory serves me correctly, the other 206 was CF-FKD. If that's correct, then FKD was also the one that had been bought outright from NASA and had been used to fly around the astronauts that practiced in the desert for walking on the later moon landing.

Skids Up ------- Type Endorsements? Chances are extremely good that the majority of this forum have more than me. If you're around too long though, other things start to happen. I've now flown quite a number of registrations already that belonged to three completely different types of written-off a/c going back 40 years......as in a Bell 47G5, a Bell 206 and an S-58T and finally a 205. So nowadays when I recognize a registration that someone mentions and know I flew it, I first have to ask what kind of a/c it's painted on.......and maybe I did and maybe I haven't. :lol:

67 november........sorry, but I like plywood to be part of the construction of my house and garage, but not my a/c thank you very much. :down: