Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Tracking An Old B206 A

C-GOEV

I have fond memories. My first helicopter ride, Shannon Airport to Dublin, Ireland. Cross country over castles, peat bog, and green green landscapes............ the Emerald Isle.

Unfortunately, it met it's demise in the same fire that took FKR to helicopter heaven. I don't know if you're interested in the fiery remains of a toobox. It still, sometimes, reminds me of OEV and FKR.

I take it then that the 2 m/c were burned in the same fire? what are the chances of that, me looking for 2 helicopters shipped from Ireland in different years and the 2 of then distroyed in the same fire. Dont surpose you have any colour photgraphs of any of the m/c and maybe try and get the data plate of C GOEV as well? My bosses father bought these 2 m/c brand new in the box and shipped them to Ireland in the 60s and the 70s so now he would like to rebuild one of them for old times sake

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The only way an aircraft can legally be rebuilt using a data plate from a destroyed aircraft is for the manufacturer to rebuild it. All others are considered counterfeit.

http://www.bellhelicopter.com/en/support/i...older=header_10

The a/c will not be a total rebuild, it is hoped to purchase an a/c that has been damaged but not distroyed, replace whatever parts need replacing with original Bell parts get a C of A and then transfer the data plate on to it, the main reason for all this is to retain the original irish reg EI APP

Well Guys, whats the story, everything has got very quiet on this thread. Has anyone had any luck on getting me a colour photo of CF FKR, Rotornut23, did you find out anything on the data plate?. Dewey, how do you know that person you asked me did I work for him, he was my employers fathers partner (I think I have that right). Did you work for him?

Border, what you talking about doing (using a destroyed A/C dataplate on another aiframe) is illegal.

You will probably not be able to certify the aircraft. I would not waste your time or money on pursuing this anymore.

CAP I know there are many pieced together aircraft out there but it does not mean it is right. And if you are comfortable strapping into an aircraft with a questionable history, have at 'er.

I know there are many pieced together aircraft out there but it does not mean it is right. And if you are comfortable strapping into an aircraft with a questionable history, have at 'er.

Aircraft log book entry.

Removed all parts from dataplate XXXXXXX, Installed airworthy fuseluge S/N XXXXXX, installed airworthy tailboom assy. s/n XXXXX, so on and so forth till the a/c is comlplete, all inspections and flight tests completed in accordence with the MFG guideline and you know have B206 A dataplate XXXXXXX ready to fly.

it's all a matter of proper paperwork. :punk:

Uhhhhh..... S/N: 0079 for a 206 is NOT listed on the official BHT web site as Retired, Destroyed, or Desroyed awaiting final confirmation from governement investigating agency. If it was involved in an incident in the late 70's(Fire damage) it may yet be a repairable fuselage assy tucked away in someones back 40. Best bet is to contact BHT PSE support light group for any information they can give you. Chances are if they will let you repair it they will know where it last was.

C-GOEV

Hmmmm..... The Transport Canada site shows it being struck off registry in 1991 and it pops up on other sites as N8264C (same S/N) owned by C & C Helicopter Sales in Delaware I think.

Perhaps they salvaged something ??

WE (Iroquois Helicopters) salvaged all the components from GOEV and sold the rest of it to some company in the states whom must have rebuilt her and is now American registered. It was Lakeland Helicopters who crashed it. Serial number 1174 and 79 burned in the fire. I can't remember which registration 1174 was. GTGB maybe? We had another low serial number 005 which was the first 206A sold off the assembly line to PHI. They put 11,000 hours on it and traded it in on a new one. My Dad bought it refurbished from Bell and I flew it back to Ottawa.

it's all a matter of proper paperwork

But what happens when you get parts that aren't in sync with the serial number? Isn't this a problem?

Bell is famous in their parts book for dividing A/C by SN and parts and whatnot may or may not then fit "correctly by part number" with the airframe.

Maybe it depends how fussy you are...