Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Conversing With Your Helicopter

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Always, always be nice to them, especially when your flying at 10 Grand over the mountians and flying over 'open water' They all get a pat on the dash at the end of the day. If its been a real long day they might even get a warm bath with a nice soft scrub brush and then a push into a warm and dry hanger...!!

Split mon ami, you are totally normal man. Of course we talk to them. All the guys I've ever known refer to machines as she whether it's a car, truck, plane, helo or ship. That's just the way it is and yes indeed you gotta treat her nice.

Oh Thank God!! I AM normal after all. All these years I thought I was the only one that talked to the machine I happened to be working on. I've always loved my machines and so far they have always loved me (and my Pilot) back. YAHOO!!!- I'm normal!, I'm normal! (sort of) :punk: :punk: :punk:

T-rex- I love your post. Says it all, good day in the air, little bit of dinner (fuel) Nice warm bath, pyjamas on, off to beddy-bys. Beautiful!! :D:D:D

I had quite a relationship with my first assigned helicopter in the Army. Her name was "Nurse Betty". It was a real tear jerker when she got sent in to rework and reassigned to a different unit.

847_2.jpg

847_1.jpg

She was a great helicopter, and one **** of a woman.

Mike, any idea where she wound up?

that number looks awefully familiar.

Yes, I seem to develop some sort of relationship with the helicopter I am flying.

But I always try to remember that it is the engineer's helicopter.......he is just letting me borrow it for the day so I can generate some flight pay for us.

If the engineer sees you having an unpleasant relationship with the machine you will be in for some sort of trouble sooner or later.

Even if the helicopter ran perfectly all day, I always try to say "thanks, she's running great" to the engineer as he starts work for the evening, as I head towards the fridge, with the blades spooling down and the sun setting in the west.

Thanks wrenchers.

Was getting on an Airbus the other day and the fella infront of me(I was last as usual) has a little chat with the plane just prior to setting foot onboard. Didn't bother me so much but the poor flight attendants eyes were as big as saucers. I told her that am sure we would probably be alright now(I don't think it helped).

I agree with all the posts although think sometimes the machine may be some miserable sob and just puts up with me.....

Don't talk to much to the machine other than to say thanks for the day, but have had quite animated discussions with the bleeding bagrunner below(a piece of equipment not human)....sometimes we even get violent on the ground afterwords.....it doesn't help, and have had to buy steel toed boots to protect myself.

sc

of coarse they have feelings, haven't you watched Pixars "Cars"? All machines have feelings not just helicopters. You look after them and they'll look after you. No different then a dog. Only these guys are much more elaborate. Oh and they like to be cleaned at the end of the day too. Or even during the day as we work. They are 'our' offices.

Almost reminds me of a horse so big and beautiful as you walk up to it.

Just my opinion.

Yes, I seem to develop some sort of relationship with the helicopter I am flying.

But I always try to remember that it is the engineer's helicopter.......he is just letting me borrow it for the day so I can generate some flight pay for us.

If the engineer sees you having an unpleasant relationship with the machine you will be in for some sort of trouble sooner or later.

Even if the helicopter ran perfectly all day, I always try to say "thanks, she's running great" to the engineer as he starts work for the evening, as I head towards the fridge, with the blades spooling down and the sun setting in the west.

Thanks wrenchers.

You're welcome, I always say to myself "treat her nice" (thankfully most out there are professional enough that they don't need to be told) as you take her over the fence for the day 'cause she has a long memory and sometimes takes her time before providing that kick in the butt to remind us.

Cheers

Thanks wrenchers.

You're welcome, :punk: I always say to myself "treat her nice" (thankfully most out there are professional enough that they don't need to be told) as you take her over the fence for the day 'cause she has a long memory and sometimes takes her time before providing that kick in the butt to remind us.

Cheers

ps: Hmmm... Double post... Dumba$$..... :stupid: