Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Start Fuel In Uh-1 T53,13

Short answer is "No". I reply like so because some companies that also operate 204's that have "Start Fuel", will convert their 205's to the same start-up routine. I know what you might be thinking now, but there's "pros" and "cons" to the conversion idea.

Converse with "Skids Up" about this in some manner also because I believe he's more current. I'm "dated" by about 2 years.

Drumpump;

Not totally familiar with -13 but the 703 engine in UH-1 requires the start fuel as is the igniters are hooked to the same switch which obviously are needed.

But would agree with cap on his points, we had 204's with -11 and -13 and the 11 had no start fuel and the -13 did have start fuel, just had to watch the -13 start fuel leaving on too long on hot days, turn off the start fuel early and she(notice the she) will start much happier. Would worry bout not havin the start fuel on cold winter day to get enough fuel for the inititial light off to get her going.

IMHO if it is there then leave it equipped and use accordingly.

sc

Converse with "Skids Up" about this in some manner also because I believe he's more current. I'm "dated" by about 2 years.

Thanks Cap, for putting me on the spot...

Our 204 and 205 both have it. They converted the 205 after we got it so figure there must be a reason for it.

Follow the start sequence, and yes if it is a bit hot out, (or if you are doing a start right after shut down) turn it off a bit earlier than the 25%/400 deg rule and it will help keep the start cooler. :prop:

Thanks Cap, for putting me on the spot...

Our 204 and 205 both have it. They converted the 205 after we got it so figure there must be a reason for it.

Follow the start sequence, and yes if it is a bit hot out, (or if you are doing a start right after shut down) turn it off a bit earlier than the 25%/400 deg rule and it will help keep the start cooler. :prop:

Skids Up......... I knew you was smart tho, so that's why I dropped your "handle" ok? :P

Skullcap................. you wrote "-11 and -13 and the -11 had no start fuel and the -13 did have start fuel". Would you care to correct that wording maybe?

Drumpump ---------thanks for lettin' me have some fun here eh?. Heed what these other two "characters" had to say and you'll do just fine.