Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Bad Hips

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well Sir,

I don't know who you are or how old you are. I do know that I had 2 Grandparents with it and have one mom with it. My Grands were around 50 and went on for another 25. My mom, around the same time. That was 6 years ago.

My Grands went 24/7 fishing, gardening, landscaping, repairing untill the day they died. As for Mom, well she always wants/talks about a holiday and everytime that happens she seems to find something to do. Never stops...hard to beat old school.

In my opinion, if any one of them stopped, it would have killed them (although Mom is still fine !)

Just my little old 34 year old opinion, but if you like what you do and feel safe doing it, WELL...keep at 'er. Just like Grandpa used to say when I tried to help him out once in a while, "if it didn't hurt it means I've stopped moving"!

Good Luck

My sister-in-law has similar problems along with MS in the spine and fibromyalgia, and only this year decided to stop work. Mainly for stress reasons, she is still active around the house, and wants to work again. She has used a little BC bud to help with the pain and her doctor has told her, If it works for you, keep doing it. Not trying to push anything on you, but living on Vancouver Island has opened my eyes to the medical benifits of it. If i was in the same situation, I would consider it. Good luck, keep up the good spirits

Guest Bullet Remington
But is anyone working through it out there?

Well yeah! Damned straight! Have it in both hips, both knees, Lumbar spins and cervical spine. And a touch of tendinitis in the left elbow just to balance things out!

I take Iprobrophen during work hours, Tylenol # 3s just before I go TU. But then again, I ain't no driver! I have good days and bad days. But Like the Young feller's Grand Pa said, If ya ain't hurtin, yer dead!

Still fly Planks and well, as long as I can get by the medical.

And, if the day goes really bad, I have a little chat with the wonderful gentleman called Captain Morgan!

Yeah, I wobble sometimes, but I rarely fall over!! :punk:

Well yeah! Damned straight! Have it in both hips, both knees, Lumbar spins and cervical spine. And a touch of tendinitis in the left elbow just to balance things out!

I take Iprobrophen during work hours, Tylenol # 3s just before I go TU. But then again, I ain't no driver! I have good days and bad days. But Like the Young feller's Grand Pa said, If ya ain't hurtin, yer dead!

Still fly Planks and well, as long as I can get by the medical.

And, if the day goes really bad, I have a little chat with the wonderful gentleman called Captain Morgan!

Yeah, I wobble sometimes, but I rarely fall over!! :punk:

Thanks for that. For some bizzare reason Ibuprofin and tylenol do nothing for me in the pain department. Not sure why.