Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Bad Hips

Cotterpin: Don't walk, get one of those motorized carts.

Jeez, another old fart.

Cheers, Don

PS: Being a person with a history of a bad concussion years ago, glucosamine makes me flip out. Please don't tell me I'm nuts (as they say in French, possib), it happened more than once. Even the doctors can't figure it out.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes Sir! Stay off of those freakin destroyers!! :down: Those things bop around worst then a cork!

No Destroyers for me BR. H.M.C.S. Bonaventure. 680 feet of tossing H-ll!

If ya don't have to walk, don't ! Gezz, don't they give you a couple of Puppies (Apprentiods??)to do that wonky stuff??

I was talking about walking to the bar :punk: :punk:

Oh, and U being an old hairy bag and such, U gotta know that rum is the nectar of the aviation Gods!

:rolleyes:

Pusser Neets. My God,how I miss that stuff!! Queens Birhday, splice the mainbrace!! Ya-Hoo!!

I'm still tryin to figure out how Cap got into Scotch! Best I can remember, that was a bastardized Officer's drink!! :blink:

Ya well, I'm guilty as well, I love Scotch, Best drink in the world, next to panther p-ss!! :up: :up:

Hey there Duece.. Suck it up ya big baby!!! Put your sandals on or better yet I know ya prefere bare feet.. Put on a big batch of your awesome ribs, a few cold ones and then fire up a big fat one sit back and relax. Really though I hope ya get well or get fixed..

Till then keep the clean side up...Mini.

Hey there Duece.. Suck it up ya big baby!!! Put your sandals on or better yet I know ya prefere bare feet.. Put on a big batch of your awesome ribs, a few cold ones and then fire up a big fat one sit back and relax. Really though I hope ya get well or get fixed..

Till then keep the clean side up...Mini.

Thanks buddy,

I pretty much got the suck it up part figured out. I hear you are a movin back to gods country. After the winter we had here in Victoria Anything looks like an improvment. Keep in touch bud.

weeellllllllllllllll............... I have arthritis in my hips, and I am 36 years old and I do feel it alot, and sometimes a extremely sharp pain, all I do is excercise though and the pain goes away and stays away until I just sit on my butt for too long, haven't had the pain now for at least 6 months, so, thats the only thing I can say, is excersise. It helps me, an I figure, we got this one life with this body, give it hard and suck it up, cause like some say, if you ain't feeling, your dead.............as for the pain, and all the drugs, I try hard not to take any for pain, its just a reminder that your still alive........

Guest Bullet Remington

Ah Geez, Split:

I thought I WAS old!! The Bonny had gone off to be made into lead painted trinkets, only to be re-sold back to Canada, by the time I was in Sheer water!!

And never ever walk to the bar. If ya hear a driver say "I'm buying" ( Ya gotta listen really close for that! personally, I have the hearing aids up to 10++) ya run, wobble and/or limp at a most rapid pace! And heaven have mercy on any fool dumb enough to run interference!! :rolleyes:

I tried Scotch ONCE. About a month after I ingested some Turco (paint stripper, for those who don't get gresey paws!) Honest to God, I couldn't tell the difference! From my perspective, Scotch is probably the major contributing factor to those Scottish folks talkin funny and wearing those ugly pleated skirts!! :shock: Never aquired a taste for it! Probably my roots! Being from the Best coast, as opposed to the Worst Coasters in Lotus Land, It's gotta be Rum, with a nice stout or Bok beer, ale running right up there.

Big Rock traditional is the closest in Alberta!

Toss in EA - 2, 500 mg tablets of Iprobrophen three times a day, and I figure I'm close to being back to my stud daze!, That is until my body reminds me, it takes me all night to think about what I used to do all night! (Fix helicopters, TQN, Fix helicopters!! Yeah, that's it!!) :unsure:

Yep, that Pusser was the cat's arse end! I never did find out who made that stuff. Sure warm the cockles of ya heart didn't it!!

Well, enough of the briny blue fat chewin! I gotta go Make A Mends! :down:

Hmmm- Lets see-bills? uh-bulls? bells? Ah-Ha, now I get it!!

TQN, you don't have any of those!!

:shock: I most certainly do! You know, figuratively speaking. :rolleyes: Ahem.

That is until my body reminds me, it takes me all night to think about what I used to do all night! (Fix helicopters, TQN, Fix helicopters!! Yeah, that's it!!) :unsure:

Sure. Whatever you say, Bullet. :P Have missed ya around, BTW. ;)

Ah Geez, Split:

I thought I WAS old!! The Bonny had gone off to be made into lead painted trinkets, only to be re-sold back to Canada, by the time I was in Sheer water!!

And never ever walk to the bar. If ya hear a driver say "I'm buying" ( Ya gotta listen really close for that! personally, I have the hearing aids up to 10++) ya run, wobble and/or limp at a most rapid pace! And heaven have mercy on any fool dumb enough to run interference!! :rolleyes:

I tried Scotch ONCE. About a month after I ingested some Turco (paint stripper, for those who don't get gresey paws!) Honest to God, I couldn't tell the difference! From my perspective, Scotch is probably the major contributing factor to those Scottish folks talkin funny and wearing those ugly pleated skirts!! :shock: Never aquired a taste for it! Probably my roots! Being from the Best coast, as opposed to the Worst Coasters in Lotus Land, It's gotta be Rum, with a nice stout or Bok beer, ale running right up there.

Big Rock traditional is the closest in Alberta!

Toss in EA - 2, 500 mg tablets of Iprobrophen three times a day, and I figure I'm close to being back to my stud daze!, That is until my body reminds me, it takes me all night to think about what I used to do all night! (Fix helicopters, TQN, Fix helicopters!! Yeah, that's it!!) :unsure:

Yep, that Pusser was the cat's arse end! I never did find out who made that stuff. Sure warm the cockles of ya heart didn't it!!

Well, enough of the briny blue fat chewin! I gotta go Make A Mends! :down:

Ahh-BR-- Make and Mends, Sew, Sew , Iron, Iron!! ( nobody has a clue what we are talkink about!!)Seems like two old Matleus have hooked up!! The Pusser was from "Old Briney" (saw the label)

Were you Air Branch?? Love to talk with you further, we can either do it via PM or keep it on the site.

I think the Members would like to hear about our experiences, but you never know with this bunch. :up: :up: I leave it up to you Mate. Cheers.

Splitpin -------- you and BR can go at it as long as you want and you'll have to go some to loose me too. When the bedroom window that you looked out of when you were growing up is about 1 mile from Oak Island (yeah, Captain Kidd's) in Mahone Bay, then I'll just hum "take me back country roads". :D So you two just give'er buddy.

I've already forgiven BR for his dislike of whiskey and I'm convinced that the slop he drank wasn't Single Malt, but that other crap they clean outta "Heads". Nothing wrong with a good bottle of rum though and I drank a lot at one time to help put "lead in my pencil". I can't imagine then for the life of me, what BR would be drinking it for because I didn't think he wrote anymore :P . :lol: