Guest Angry Egg Driver

Wow if you paid 3k for a Gallet you got raped.I bought mine last year out of the states in June.It has everything that you can get,cellset,dual visors,hush kit and liner and still came to my door for 2k canadian.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Buy a good one! When I was training, I bought a used "no-name" helmet from a guy. Wore it one season and hated every minute that it was on my head. In '97 I bought a Gentex HPU84 (I think!?!) from Flight Suits. They sent a wax mold that you fit to the shape of your bean. You send it back and they shape the foam liner with it. I had it painted up in my choice of colors and fitted with good electronics (no ANR). Thousands of hours later, in and outside the door, rain, snow and salt air, still fits and feels great, mic and phones never miss a beat - never had a problem with it of any kind. Some points worthy of note: nice and light - wear it all day without a stiff neck. Form fitting and leather-lined: can get awful warm and sticky on a hot summer day and never, never, never leave it hangin' in the sun under the plexi unless your a fan of 3rd degree burns .... cost in 97 around $1,500 US. In my most humble opinion - an essential piece of equipment.

Last but not least: with a bucket on you'll never have to worry about bangin' yer head going out the door to watch the line and seeing your David Clark's go dancing around in the 'wash under your machine.

Alright thanx a lot for all the answer.

And man, auto Relight, you have to get laid, you cant go around like that pulling the smart *** ####......

I asked the question because I wanted to know what people who know better think about it....

Do yourself a favor and dont loose your time writing stuff like that.

You know I once had a friend who was really ugly and he still managed to get a piece once in a while and it made him feel a whooooooooooooooole lot better!!!!

A little bit touchy are we?

My sex life is just fine, thanks for asking though.

Ok, I'll play nicely. Buy a helmet. Buy the one that fits you the best regardless of brand, on the 8-10hr days, you'll want the benefits of a perfect fit. Personally, I have one visor, saves room, especially in the 350. Imho noise canceling is more of a pain than it's worth, had it once, don't have it now, some guys love it though.

Oh, and wear your seatbelt on the way to the store...

AR

DoubleAlm, I bought it thru Interactive Safety out of the USofA. You can check the web site at www. interactive safety.com.... Landed at the broder with a price tag of $1800.00 CAD. Then I had to pay about $300.00 duty/GST. I asked why the duty on safety equipment and was told by our all knowing all seeing public servents that protect us from such evils as flight helmets without duty paid on them from entering this country, (if not murderers & drug dealers etal lineng up at the border) that if it had been a motercycle helmet or a helmet for snowboarding there would be no duty. But as the helmet we use to protect ourselves while doing our jobs comes with parts; Ie - mic - ear pieces - visors etc...DUTY WAS REQUIORED!!!!!

No amount of back and forth on the talking machine would give me relief. I paid it in the end (yes...can be taken two ways) but I now have my Eagle. A little spendy, but in my opinion, worth it.

Anyone else experience this with the customes people? (did not mean to hijack this thread, but it seemed like a natural)

Alphas are good but I bit large I think for the 350. The French are costly. I'd go with HGU 84 with high noise kit, it's light small and cheep~, the rubber band visor thing sucks though. Government Sales is a good outfit. Workmanship is close to Flight Suits at a much better price.

Good luck

If your after a LH250 Gallet, I got mine through a place called Merit Apparel Co in the states.

Paid about $1500 us with all the extras. They were really helpful.

Have had no problems and its very light and comfortable and really nice when your longlining in minus 15 C.

I also love the look on some of your passengers faces when you hand them a headset and then proceed to put on your nice helmet. :shock:

Guest Angry Egg Driver

If you want to avoid duty on your helmet just ask the company shipping to put a repair tag on it and you will not have to pay any duty or gst on it.Then get them to ship your receipt through the mail and you are home free.They customs cant charge you taxes or duties on something that they think has already been paid for.....