Jump to content



Recommended Posts

what kind of studies (diploma, degree or just cpl-ir/multi)?

If you already have a post-secondary qualification of some sort (diploma or degree in a non-aviation subject), my advice is not to waste your time and money pursuing another academic qualification, and simply work with a flight school to obtain the CPL/multi-IFR.


If you only have high school or CEGEP, then you will have to decide whether the extra leg-up that an aviation diploma or degree might offer you is worth the added expense and time of obtaining such a qualification. In most cases, it probably won't, at least in the current Canadian aviation scene.


Other people will have contrary opinions, particularly if they are students in or graduates of one of the college or university aviation programmes. I am not, although I was briefly a faculty member in one such programme.


Good luck with whatever you decide.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Create New...