Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Help

rodocourte

what kind of studies (diploma, degree or just cpl-ir/multi)?

If you already have a post-secondary qualification of some sort (diploma or degree in a non-aviation subject), my advice is not to waste your time and money pursuing another academic qualification, and simply work with a flight school to obtain the CPL/multi-IFR.

If you only have high school or CEGEP, then you will have to decide whether the extra leg-up that an aviation diploma or degree might offer you is worth the added expense and time of obtaining such a qualification. In most cases, it probably won't, at least in the current Canadian aviation scene.

Other people will have contrary opinions, particularly if they are students in or graduates of one of the college or university aviation programmes. I am not, although I was briefly a faculty member in one such programme.

Good luck with whatever you decide.