Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Working For Abu Dhabi Aviation

Guest plumber

I have a friend who just started with them wrenching. Haven't got all the skinny on it yet but it sounds like a pretty good gig. The pilots are all high hour multi IFR and the ame's are 212 412 min endoresed. shifts I think are 6 weeks on and 4 off.Also its around 45 degrees c in the shade. hope this helps any.

I personally thought the accomodations were great... When they're replaced it will be a real loss of character for the company... where else can you see a naked Chinese girl run screaming through a camp after midnight claiming an engineer was trying to kill her?

HV

Hey HV What the **** are ya doing posting at this time of day???? Thought you were busy at the BM meeting. Have a great day........

Mini....

ADA's housing site, "The Vans" are not fit for man nor beast. Wrong! The rats invade the kitchens at night. If you're quiet you can catch them cleaning up the leftovers. The Vans are a great place in the summer when the power goes off at 48*C. No problem just go out to your car fire up the a/c and have a nice night. Chinese hookers......Yup, trolling for Green Cards and the almighty Dirham. Speaking of which, have you checked the exchange rate lately?

ADA's Chief Pilot is a complete dork. He is the reason they have had over 30 pilots bail out in the last 12 months!! Want to fly a 412 and do a good job? Bump the O/Tq light and see what the result is. ADA's management will be on your case big time. The first thing they will do is point a finger (the middle one) then lay blame and you're in the $hit with their "safety guru" who has crashed more helicopters than you are likely type rated on. Now he's a piece of work.

ADA's Management will do absolutely nothing for the little guy. They are all looking after #1. The head honcho is an Iraqi that you will swear is Saddam's brother. He is the reason why ADA has had 21 Chief Engineers in 23 years. The next one out is "Spacey", he will be #22. And on it goes............

ZAP ZAP

I personally thought the accomodations were great... When they're replaced it will be a real loss of character for the company... where else can you see a naked Chinese girl run screaming through a camp after midnight claiming an engineer was trying to kill her?

HV

AAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! No doubt a classic story, I hope to hear it someday!