Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

American Helicopter's - Manassas, Virginia

LFGuard10

I'm eventually going to start my flight training and have been looking at American Helicopter's, based in Manassas Virginia as my school of choice. I am very pleased with what they offer with thier Professional Pilot Course, and even price is snot too bad. ($44,500 for the Professional Pilot Course / CFI ). If anyone has heard of them or dealt with them in the past, please let me know what you think.

American Helicopters - Manassas, Virginia

Thanks ALOT

Are you a yank? If no, any idea how hard it is to change over to a canadian license and how much it would cost?

I'm eventually going to start my flight training and have been looking at American Helicopter's, based in Manassas Virginia as my school of choice. I am very pleased with what they offer with thier Professional Pilot Course, and even price is snot too bad. ($44,500 for the Professional Pilot Course / CFI ). If anyone has heard of them or dealt with them in the past, please let me know what you think.

American Helicopters - Manassas, Virginia

Thanks ALOT

I don't have any experience with them but I noticed they require the 45k up front. You might want to ask them why. Find out how long they've been in business (they're incorporated so you can check with the municipal government for their records) because if they go under, I guarantee as a creditor, you'll be at the very bottom of the list. Ask to look at their financial records for the past few years. If you don't know how to interpret a balance sheet or a profit/loss comparison, take it to a CA or go talk to a business school professor at the local university. 200 hours, flying an hour a day, 5 days a week will take 40 weeks without a break. That's 3/4 of a year. 45k invested modestly today can easily return 5% per annum with no risk and 8% with little risk. By paying up front you'd be foregoing a couple thousand dollars in cap gains, dividends, distributions, interest, whatever. That's not chump change but then again, maybe they account for that large cash influx in their costing?

Or maybe I'm just overanalyzing and they want all the money right away to make sure you don't leave after you find out you hate it :)

• 2 weeks later...