Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Movin On

On a serious note I'll add my two pesos to this discussion.

I've known the gentleman of this discussion for quite some number of years. He was not unhappy where he was and he was being treated very well. When he took the position originally, he moved house and home from the south to FSJ. FSJ ain't for everyone and comparing it to Calgary is a borderline joke for many folks.........wives included. Moving to Calgary from FSJ was not therefore a heavy mental exercise for him and wouldn't be for many others either. That also applies to other folks who take positions with northern companies and many do so with the intention of remaining there for a while until a more appealing position further south comes open. To anyone out there who thinks that said gentleman will easily be screwed and shafted then that may indeed happen.........once. Attempt to do it twice and one would quickly see who it is that gets the hot enema.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

On a serious note I'll add my twenty-two pesos to this discussion.

I've known the gentleman of this discussion for quite some number of years. He was not unhappy where he was and he was being treated very well. When he took the position originally, he moved house and home from the south to FSJ. FSJ ain't for everyone and comparing it to Calgary is a borderline joke for many folks.........wives included. Moving to Calgary from FSJ was not therefore a heavy mental exercise for him and wouldn't be for many others either. That also applies to other folks who take positions with northern companies and many do so with the intention of remaining there for a while until a more appealing position further south comes open. To anyone out there who thinks that said gentleman will easily be screwed and shafted then that may indeed happen.........once. Attempt to do it twice and one would quickly see who it is that gets the warm enema.

I believe the "boomers" believe the same as me by the way........first you "pay your dues" and then you ask for the perks that go with. So to be brief, if I'm senior to you and the choice of lodgings for one of us are a tent or a hotel room, guess who gets the hotel room and who gets the tent? Don't like that? Well things are tough all over and we all have to do our share of suffering.

Easy there cap...they will be issuing us all those fancy walkers to shuffle out to the a/c soon..but we will still be able to outlast them at the big A... :punk:

DGP ------ if/when I should need one, then I will also consider a "fancy walker" to be part of the perks bought and paid for a long time ago. If you're junior to me, then once more, I get the walker with all the fancy options and you get the stripped-down model. If you are the same as me, then I'll share that walker with you rather than see you go without. :P ............only you buy the beer.

DGP ------ if/when I should need one, then I will also consider a "fancy walker" to be part of the perks bought and paid for a long time ago. If you're junior to me, then once more, I get the walker with all the fancy options and you get the stripped-down model. If you are the same as me, then I'll share that walker with you rather than see you go without. :P ............only you buy the beer.

Here you go, Cap!! Only one catch. When you're finished with it, I want it.

post-907-1178218763_thumb.jpg

To anyone out there who thinks that said gentleman will easily be screwed and shafted then that may indeed happen.........once. Attempt to do it twice and one would quickly see who it is that gets the hot enema.

Could u clarify cap, are u talkin about the person who left, or the company he left????

puzzled

:blink:

Could u clarify cap, are u talkin about the person who left, or the company he left????

puzzled

:blink:

[/quote

I'm referring to the person who left and that it would be terribly unwise to not honour anything promised to him verbally.

I could say more on this happening because I know both parties at the FSJ end, but it's their private business and therefore not open to public banter.