Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Chl Payscle 2007

Copterdr

Just received the new payscale today, anyone else in CHL feel like they have taken it hard and dry? Worked it out to a 1.7% increase, what are the other guys offering? How can this be fair for a company who posts full page ads saying they want the "best" and pays their employees the least?

A full licenced experienced wrench peaks out at around 4300/mo and 21/hr what does the grass look like out there?

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Your just realizing this now? CHL has been on the low side forever. Surprised they have any bodies to work, but then again I'm not really that surprised. There will always be people willing to work for next to nothing keeping the rates down across the board. 30 bucks shared with the apprentice if you had one to work on a 212, HAHAHHAHA.

But then again they are the employeers choice and don't forget it.

Adding to my last post,

My take is this, we 'AMES" are skilled tradesmen and the odd women. Why is it that we work for next to nothing with the responsibility the we carry over our shoulders. If you where to call a plumber to come unplug your toilet he would charge anywhere from 70 to 100 bucks and hour with a min call out fee. Doesn't make much sense that a licensed AME would work for anything less then 35 bucks an hour on any machine for any company. Think its highly unlikely that will change anytime soon.

There will always be people willing to work for next to nothing keeping the rates down across the board.

Kingshead you answered your own question. Your level of $35/hour is bang on I think, but you can guarantee that there will be someone that will take $30, then someone will take $28, and so on.

Guest Bullet Remington

That ain't the worst I've seen!

Here's an honest to God quote from a West Coast operator looking for SK61 Engineers:

Hourly: $235.00 a day; Flt Pay @ $15.00 an hour! No shyte!! I didn't and won't even look at the job!!

Things are really getting stupid in this racket! Is it just me or are we actually moving backwards?? :down: :shock: :blink:

That ain't the worst I've seen!

Here's an honest to God quote from a West Coast operator looking for SK61 Engineers:

Hourly: $235.00 a day; Flt Pay @ $15.00 an hour! No shyte!! I didn't and won't even look at the job!!

Things are really getting stupid in this racket! Is it just me or are we actually moving backwards?? :down: :shock: :blink:

That's amazing BR!! And they wonder why there is a labour shortage.

As I read recently, here or on Avcanada (can't remember) "There is not a shortage of Engineers, there is a shortage of Engineers who refuse to work for minimal wages" SO TRUE!!

As the world turns in CHL. I was a product of 'Base Closure' in Early 2000. I was so pissed off at the company (CHW) and the world. I was given a choice of Ft Nelson, Inuvik, or CH Air Ambulance. Ya, right!!! What to do next??? I found another operator, in the same town and wow! The world is your limit, there is life after CHL, all you gotta do is go for it!

Better wages, better treatment, and more opportunity! If you think there is no other, you are wrong! A++++ companies out there paying excellent salary's and good benefits as well! Don't get caught in the CHL turning wheel, lots of opportunities out there now for base and pool work in good locations!!!!

I am not sure what CHL can offer other than 'were working on the payscale' Alot of companies have newer modern equipment so you aren't stuck working on a 20,000 hr 206B or L in the Arctic or something!

Instead of complaining, act and go for it!!! (Don't worry the company will survive without you!)

Good Luck!

As the world turns in CHL. I was a product of 'Base Closure' in Early 2000. I was so pissed off at the company (CHW) and the world. I was given a choice of Ft Nelson, Inuvik, or CH Air Ambulance. Ya, right!!! What to do next??? I found another operator, in the same town and wow! The world is your limit, there is life after CHL, all you gotta do is go for it!

Better wages, better treatment, and more opportunity! If you think there is no other, you are wrong! A++++ companies out there paying excellent salary's and good benefits as well! Don't get caught in the CHL turning wheel, lots of opportunities out there now for base and pool work in good locations!!!!

I am not sure what CHL can offer other than 'were working on the payscale' Alot of companies have newer modern equipment so you aren't stuck working on a 20,000 hr 206B or L in the Arctic or something!

Instead of complaining, act and go for it!!! (Don't worry the company will survive without you!)

Good Luck!

Excellent post T-rex!! Me thinks you just drove the last nail in the coffin!!