Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Chl Payscle 2007

Copterdr

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah the same old same old, some people will post numbers just to make the rest of us laugh I mean really, a good Engineer with the experience and more than an ounce of common sense can make good cash.

The company will treat you the way you let them you run out of options the bigger the company is. CHL will pay what they pay until the people refuse to work for it. The fact is it comes down to what you will put up with, Ie: rotation/pay/treatment /machinery/location...ect

Don't think for a minute this shortage of qualified people will last forever the old timers will tell you it will come around it always does. Yes you can make more money doing less work and no responsibility but then you would complain about something else. I for one like where I am I get the pay I want and the time off I need.

That's that, next topic.

Offset

Hey wrech benders.

Sorry to add my pilot 2 cents but and ..

Don't mean to stick up for the wage shortage but at least there is a pension plan. Alot more than can can say for the other companies out there. Defacto pensions are almost non existant in this industry but for few. If you are planning to retire on a RRSP forget it, the rule will bend with time and I am betting my stakes in a swiss bank vs the RRSP( Really Really Stupid People)

I would take a RRSP plan over a pension any day. How many times have we heard that large companies went bankrupt and creditors end up cleaning out the fund, or had simply spent their pension savings, leaving the employees high and dry? My Dad's pension for example, has been cut in half by exec's using the fund for a fruitless legal battle. I have a RRSP plan through my company, in my name, that no one but myself can mess with...

Back to the topic at hand... Show me the money! (or someone else will!) :up: