Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

206lr's What Can They Really Do

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

AEG - all I am saying is that I find that hard to believe. Whether you did it or not, I don't know. No offence intended - I just know that the L3 struggles with 1300lbs at 5500ft and its a far superior machine. I believe you if you insist but all the LR's I fly struggle with 1000lbs. Cheers.

Hey Chairman if you haven't flown an LR with an enhanced C20R you should keep your opinions to your self. We have 6 of them all enhanced and the L3 can not keep up to them. 1300 Lb. with an hour fuel plus reserve is no problem. :punk:

Hey Chairman if you haven't flown an LR with an enhanced C20R you should keep your opinions to your self. We have 6 of them all enhanced and the L3 can not keep up to them. 1300 Lb. with an hour fuel plus reserve is no problem. :punk:

Plus our heavyist machine is 2330Lbs. Most are 2250 :lol:

Guest Angry Egg Driver

Hey Chairman...

I agree that at 5500' an LR would probably not lift 1300lbs.I said all of or stuff is at 3000' and below with the majority being at 2000' or less.....

Cheers

AEG - all I am saying is that I find that hard to believe. Whether you did it or not, I don't know. No offence intended - I just know that the L3 struggles with 1300lbs at 5500ft and its a far superior machine. I believe you if you insist but all the LR's I fly struggle with 1000lbs. Cheers.

Hey if they are such "piles of poo". Do you feel like getting rid of them? I expect they sell for less than your cherished L-3's?

I spent much time in both the initial L, then the LR....both are excellent machines in terms of reliability and consistant DOC's. Live by the FM and do not compare them to other intermediates, and they will provide an excellent return on your investment, and when operated by a professional flight crew, will give many, many good revenue hours.......and you can take that, to the bank. ;)

The LR is a great performer at sea level. even at 4000' all summer long i only saw the lift capacity drop significantly when the temp rose above 22 with the c20r. Thats what it says it will do anyways. As AEG already said 1260lbs below 3000' no prob. it is also more comfortable to fly than you know what (500). i don't know what the dollars and cents are to run one but just compare the amount of maintenance it needs to the 500's and it is way out in front.

mg

Right, so its a 'nice' machine at sealevel. Great send it to Ontario and forget about BC. I prefer a machine that is a bit more useful. Having to think about whether or not an aircraft will perform above 4000' (!) is no use to me. I would take the L3, carry all 6 pax and work it from 0 to 20000' instead.

I do conceed that the empty weight is around 2300lbs. My mistake - I rang a buddy today and he confirmed his machine. My apologies. I guess thou that they are on low gear?

That doesn't make good operational sense to remove a hundred pounds in favor of raising the tail a foot extra above the weeds. Longline on high gear is no problem and the extra elevation for the TR is a big plus.

Guest Angry Egg Driver

Wow....High skid gear doesnt give you an extra foot.Thats such a misconception.Maybe when they are sitting side by side on the pad but watch a high skid gear machine rock back on the bear paws when it lifts off.Then watch the low skid gear machine.I can almost guarentee there is no more than a few inches difference between the 2 as the low skid gear one doesnt rock back on the bear paws nearly so much,almost comes off the ground like a 500....So operationally your not gaining that much for your 100Lbs.....