Cac

5Lgreenback

I may be starting my first rotary wing apprenticeship experience with Canadian Air-Crane.

Just wondering if anybody has any experience out there with them or knows anybody who has? How the company is to work for etc or any information at all? I realize the pay is well...frankly awful (I made more working on fixed wing in a heated hangar). But I am hoping that the learning experience might make up for that?

Any honest input would be appreciated. Thanks.

Well ... don't fall off and read the books ,read them like there a novel. learn the systems and where everthing is located and you'll be off to a good start. you'll also find the engineers will show you more if your switched on and self motovated.

I may be starting my first rotary wing apprenticeship experience with Canadian Air-Crane.

Just wondering if anybody has any experience out there with them or knows anybody who has? How the company is to work for etc or any information at all? I realize the pay is well...frankly awful (I made more working on fixed wing in a heated hangar). But I am hoping that the learning experience might make up for that?

Any honest input would be appreciated. Thanks.

Well....it may start out with low wages, but without a doubt, the engineers at CAC are the highest paid in the industry....you have to start somewhere.

It is a fast paced, high production atmosphere where hard work is standard, some make it, some don't. And, it's not all logging...... fires, and construction also, and on a global basis .

Make of it what "you" want (wimps need not apply).... :rolleyes:

Thanks for the replies.

Picapart, by "dont fall off and read the books" I assume you meant don't fall off the helicopter :blink: ? And obviously read the manuals.

Im looking forward to the experience. On a side note anyone know what type of tool bag/box would be best to bring into the bush? I was told most the guys out there use tool bags as opposed to boxes?

5LG.......yes, the tool bag is easier to pack, and also use around the a/c, especially when climbing on and off it.

The service pods have a lot of specialty tools also....so ask G.G or G.L. on what basics you may need.

Cheers, and hopefully I'll see you on our ship (Lucy).