Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

A-star Awd

Max Continuous

ok, if pilots want to use a magnifying glass...go ahead, but us engineers want to move that next rack of bags.....

I agree totally with that statement. The whole thing is still up for interpretation as far as I know and as usual with these types of issues people fly off the handle before they clarify what is suppose to happen to comply. If the worst thing that happens is the operators have to send an engineer with an Astar than I say great...To bad for the operators but hey it would not be the first time this kind of thing has happened and its not bad to have a qualified person look at the machine more often. We all know when your pilot has been in that seat for 8 hrs he might not open a cowling or climb on the machine. That machine may be better maintained and if so we all win.

Just my take and hey if your like Hazy you can maybe you can squeeze a few bucks out if it..

Just my take and hey if your like Hazy you can maybe you can squeeze a few bucks out if it..

Come on now, I am happy with a little appreciation. Have to work with people/operators, not against them. Hazeus

from what i hear, this cracking is not a severe problem happening to every tail rotor out there but it has happened with disatrous results. In the true spirit of an AD, it was issued because of a safety concern to limit any future problems. Nobody can argue with that logic. Yeah it's gonna be a pain in the butt and costly for awhile, but there is that age old saying coined back when Cap was in diapers and Blackmac was learning his ABC's, that states "if you think maintenance is costly, try an accident" Suck it up boys, you don't want to be the next guy who has one fail..... Don't be that guy.

Take this one in stride, and as said earlier, place your orders for the latest blades.

Maybe if we're lucky, the engineers rates will skyrocket (call me, I'm available for short term work, bring cash :punk: ), or maybe TC will relax their change, and allow pilots once again to take charge of their lives and monitor this area themselves for the short term until operators can re-group and make up a plan that'll work for their operation.

IMHO a 50 hour check may be more appropriate for the engineers based on manpower reasons alone, and the pilots could do daily checks with strict instructions that if anything looks wrong, an engineer must be consulted before further flight.

huh.....Blacmac I'm kinda surprised you haven't been on top of this since day one. This info is now old news and has been dealt with already.

Where was Hepac?......oh wait..thats right...probably busy "organizing stuff"

#### or get off the pot.

RTR

I love that "$#!* or get off the pot" comment.....it can be used in so many daily activities and routines :punk:

RTR, for some of us who aren't out there on the front lines dealing with this at the moment, can you enlighten us as to how it was "dealt" with and has now become old news??? Just curious if I have to cancel my leave of absence request :blink:

RTR: If you have a problem with me why don't you say so. If you believe I am HEPAC, you are sadly mistaken. I don't go around posting on this web site just to make myself feel important.

For your added information the first person I would of contacted (if I was an operator) for clarification would have been the manufacturer, after all it is his product.

I am sorry that I waited so long to tell you that, my apologies.

For additional info, Fen-Fen has more knowledge of the Astar line than I will ever have and I do believe he told you what to do "suck it up" and I will add "grow up".

Cheers, Don

heh, guess I had a bad day yesterday. Not really like me to lose my temper like that. My apologies Blackmac.

As for the AWD itself, TC has reconsidered the requirement for an AME to sign out the AD. It falls under Elementary Maintenance as per 625 appendix A (26), and may be signed outr by a pilot. If any doubt exists then a more detailed inspection must be carried out with a minimum of a 10X magnifying glass as per the ASB.

TC will be getting this info out pretty quickly, although all regions may not have gotten the instruction yet.

RTR