Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Helmet's - Best Customer Service

Guest heli206212
Ive heard really great things about the eagle. Heavily considering one, have some friends with used ones but they want as much as brand new. Is it better to go with clear or amber as the second visor? Or, i suppose one could buy all three (clean/amber/dark) and switch them out depending on the conditions of the job.

Have a good one

Cole

Hey Cole,

If you choose the Aplha get one visior ( dark) and the soft shell. It will give you a little more room to longline out the Astar window one day and of course be lighter on the head for those long days of flying. If one day you are doing a heli-ski job, order the amber visior at the point.

Do NOT get the volume control on the helmet, purchase a volume control cord (Merit Apparel I believe). When the volume control nob on the helmet dies, it causes all the avionics to fail in the helmet. With the cord you can disconnect and still have the avionics for the helemt working.

Gel Ear seals from the Alpha manufacturer.

Also, think about the hush kit and Zeta linear from Oregon Aero.

And the CEP if you like as well( or silicone ear pieces from Custom Ear Protect to wear inside your helmet).

Just my .02 cents

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Another question to the operational people out there .. I'm looking to buy a Gallet LH 250

?? Can anyone recommend a vendour for Gallets? (Canada or States?) ??

I'm thinking about the DualVisor version and getting a dark and a clear visor (birdstrikes and all).

?? Does anyone have an opinion on which one should be what colour (outside / inside visors)??

I guess what I'm getting at is whether it makes a difference to comfort, field of view, visual distortion or any such thing.

Any advise greatly appreciated!

+M

Guest heli206212
Another question to the operational people out there .. I'm looking to buy a Gallet LH 250

?? Can anyone recommend a vendour for Gallets? (Canada or States?) ??

I'm thinking about the DualVisor version and getting a dark and a clear visor (birdstrikes and all).

?? Does anyone have an opinion on which one should be what colour (outside / inside visors)??

I guess what I'm getting at is whether it makes a difference to comfort, field of view, visual distortion or any such thing.

Any advise greatly appreciated!

+M

Hey swiss

I would personally get the dark inside and the what ever other color you choose to the outside.

Question? Why are you considering the Clear Visor??

If you do a search here on this site for "Gallet Helemts" you should find previous posts of messages for the info you are seeking.

USA: Merit Apparel

Canada: Maxcraft I believe. Do not quote me on that one though.

Later

Intrepid,

Nothing fits like an old sph 5 with all the oregon aero upgrades.

your old helmet will cost half the price to upgrade and it is still going to be more comfortable!!

Mind you I've been told that I have a lot of "corners" on my head, take it for what it is worth.

SD

Guest heli206212
Intrepid,

Nothing fits like an old sph 5 with all the oregon aero upgrades.

your old helmet will cost half the price to upgrade and it is still going to be more comfortable!!

Mind you I've been told that I have a lot of "corners" on my head, take it for what it is worth.

SD

Maxtorc,

Do you not like your Alpha Eagle helmet? If not, what seems to be the particulars that you do not like or what is your opinion of the fit, quality, etc.? Just curious of the pros and cons of both the Alpha and sph 5??

TR

Alpha is ok. I guess I am used to the sph. With the Oregon aero additions, it is like a pillow and quieter as well.

The zeta liner is less freindly in cold weather (if off your head).

I will update you further with more exposure to the eagle!!

• 2 months later...